What are some of your favorite albums?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
If I'm ever in a funk, I just put on "Juke Box Music", by Doug Sahm. With this album playing, it's easy to feel like you're in a familiar bar (or, as we call 'em down here in Texas, honky tonk), listening to the familiar sounds coming from the juke box. You know, the songs that sound so right, but you're not sure of the performers or the names of the songs? Sort of rhythm and blues with a border music twist. This album is like that. Put a nice beer in your hand and give your significant other a wink and you're there. This is a great album from one of Texas' best.
238887866-M.jpg

To name a few of the albums that when they end up in the player in the car, they tend to stay there for weeks or months on end....Metallica - (you name it, I love it), Tool - Lateralus, Tool - 10,000 Days, Godsmack - Awake, Alice In Chains - Unplugged, System of a Down - (any album), Green Day - Warning.....just to name the ones that come to mind in a hurry. At home, I do my listening at the computer or doing other things (no dedicated system at the moment)....so I put foobar on shuffle and skip through songs until I find something that fits my mood....

I guess that doesnt count as a

Pink Floyd's Pulse Album. Whether you have the CD of that live show, or the newly released DVD, it's an awesome experience.

The last 3 songs (the encores) are amazing. One of my favorite songs of all time is Wish You Were Here and I love the guitar solo in Comfortably Numb.

I love the "Wish You Were Here" album. It's my favorite Pink Floyd.
One of my favorite guitar solos is the backwards guitar on the song "Chasing Clouds", from the Zephr album "Sunset Ride". This is probably my all-time favorite album. To this day, I don't understand how it never made it into the popular conciousness. It's funny, you can find the album or copies of the album, on the internet going anywhere from $10 up to $200.

239168834-S.jpg

Well "Wish You Were Here" is certainly my favorite Pink Floyd as well; however, if I'm not sure what to listen to then I usually pull out one of three Beatles albums: Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepers, or the White Album. I'm always up for listening to them. From there it could go anywhere depending on my mood and whether I'm going to be actively listening or having it as background.

Oh, so many! Where does one begin?
I suppose if I had to choose that one album that I'd have on the proverbial desert island it would be the "The Beatles" white album. Its one of the references I use after I think whatever changes to the my equipment are finally adjusted.
But this weeks favorite is definitly Low's "Secret Name". The dynamics are beautiful, as well as the performances.

Rickie Lee Jones S/T
Bach- Brandenburg Concertos on Smithsonian Records
Natalie Merchant- Tigerlilly MoFi 45RPM
John Coltrane- My Favorite Things Atlantic 1361
Sonny Rollins- Way Out West Contemporary S7530
Jimmy Rushing- Rushing Lullabies Columbia CL 1401
Respighi- Church Windows Reference Recordings RR-15

Just to name some that are currently in heavy rotation. This list will change next week and the week after and so on and so on.

Latest posts

Back