Upgrade from Aeon i to Vantage - how much an improvement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scumurculum

Reaction score
I recently passed on a plan to acquire a pair of prodigy's - mainly due to ebay nerves.

7k is a lot of money for me sight unseen - In monopoly money (Australian dollars that is)

However, another possible deal has come my way for brand new vantages , at a very good price.

I guess before I choose go to go for it or not, I thought I would give a call out to the forum to anyone who has heard both the Aeon i's and Vantages and/or may have an opinion to the level of improvement I may see with them

Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated

Cheers
Frank

Have you listened to them? can you before purchase? some may say one is better than the other BUT its your ears. I have a pair of Vantage and like them I heard the Aeons years ago thought they were good but did not buy them

I think it's HUGE. You are going up 1 or 2 products in the family and a significant generational technology change.

It will depend on your room and electronics ultimately.

Have you listened to them? can you before purchase? some may say one is better than the other BUT its your ears. I have a pair of Vantage and like them I heard the Aeons years ago thought they were good but did not buy them

I have heard them briefly, however before I make any decision, as I cant take then home to audition, I plan to Take my CD player and integrated amp over to try to replicate my system as much as possible.

I have heard them briefly, however before I make any decision, as I cant take then home to audition, I plan to Take my CD player and integrated amp over to try to replicate my system as much as possible.

Great idea but remember your room has a very strong influence on the sound

I think the prodigy's would have been the way to go

Frank, as David "M" said, room and your componetry will have significant influence. If you're able to take your equipment over that will help some for sure.

Will there be a difference...... my bet says yes, your ears and wallet will detirmine what direction you head.

Have fun !

I previously had ML Aeon 1 speakers before I purchased ML Vantage speakers. What I was dissatified with the Aeon 1 speakers was a lack of bass so I purchased a ML Grotto subwoofer. This helped alot with the bass. When I purchased the ML Vantage speakers i found that Vantages had much better bass without the sub but also (surprise) the panel was better also. I still use my ML Grotto subwoofer but you could go without a sub IMHO. I also like the looks of the Vantages much better.
Jim

Ja - heard both. The panel will be a significant upgrade - very little doubt about that. The bass on the other hand you'll have to hear - I found it a lot drier - perhaps more accurate (and certainly deeper), integrating better as well, but lacking the romance of the older generation.

I agree - the Prodigy would probably have been the way to go! I think listening in another room will give you a reasonable idea of what you can expect. Are they in Brisbane?

Latest posts

Back