The Ultimate Scam Tweak or What!?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomD

Reaction score
This keeps coming up in Audiogon:
Machina dynamica TeleportationTweak system enhancement

Its described as (quote):

"This is a $1 No Reserve auction for Machina Dynamica's Teleportation Tweak, the world's greatest tweak.

The Teleportation Tweak is an audio and video system enhancement that is accomplished remotely via telephone. The telephone call to Machina Dynamica can be made via land line or cell phone. There is not limit to the distance over which the Teleportation Tweak will work, so anywhere in the world is OK.

The Teleportation Tweak reduces distortion, provides better tonality, enlarges the soundstage, reveals more subtle information such as ambient cues and microdynamics. The Teleportation Tweak reveals nuances of the music that cannot be obtained using any other methods
." :eek::wtf::eek:

It goes on but i see no need to include the rest; you can check it out in the $1 no reserve section.

So, What The ****!!?? is this even trying to do???

What am i missing :confused:

Tom,

You're missing nothing.

The person that posted this is looking for some idiot to take the bate.

Classic snake oil scam. How sad.

GG

Tom,

Classic snake oil scam. How sad.

GG
Thanks Gordon, thought as much. There is so much of this hobby that i do not understand it is good to get confirmation.

This raises the more important question: Why does Audiogon allow such a blatant scam?

After all, they are relying on reputation and honesty to attract business. It just seems surprising that they would allow scams to take place on their site.

Tom,

My sense is that it is like any other website providing a conduit to sell product.

Look at all the stuff that happens on Ebay.

The potential buyer needs to exercise good judgement based on the integrity and character of the potential seller.

Gordon

...This raises the more important question: Why does Audiogon allow such a blatant scam?

After all, they are relying on reputation and honesty to attract business. It just seems surprising that they would allow scams to take place on their site.

Audiogon makes their money selling ad space similar to ebay and takes no responsibility for what is sold even if it is so obviously a scam I agree there is some real BS advertised on that website but that scammer is paying for his ad space fairly just like the legitimate ones. What is scary is that some people will actually fall for it.

One thing that Audiogon did do recently is permanently ban MSS HiFi from using the website and he was probably one of their biggest customers. But if you read what the AudioPimp wrote on the home page of his own website about Audiogon you'll get a sample of what that guy is really like. He was so bad it apparently wasn't worth the money Audiogon was making from him.

Last edited:
Audiogon makes their money selling ad space similar to ebay and takes no responsibility for what is sold even if it is so obviously a scam I agree there is some real BS advertised on that website but that scammer is paying for his ad space fairly just like the legitimate ones. What is scary is that some people will actually fall for it.

One thing that Audiogon did do recently is permanently ban MSS HiFi from using the website and he was probably one of their biggest customers. But if you read what the AudioPimp wrote on the home page of his own website about Audiogon you'll get a sample of what that guy is really like. He was so bad it apparently wasn't worth the money Audiogon was making from him.

the only thing I would bag from MSS HIFI is that brunette and then I would return her when I was done lol

Latest posts

Back