System #302 (SL3)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Name: Pete Titus
ML's: SL3
Year Purchased:09'
Mods: None
Associated Electronics: ATI-AT-1505 Amplifier, Yamaha reciever 7.2 (used as preamp and audio processor only), PS3 for blu-ray, SACD, and dvd upconversion, Monster Data cables to ML's, bi-wired, Manepan MMGC for center channel, and Definitive Technology BPVX's in the rear, Sunfire DS-8 subwoofer, Projector Mitsubishi HC5500- 1080P Also Wii and XBOX 360 w HD-DVD attachment.
Comments: More to come, upgrading ATI to KRELL, not sure which models yet!!! Also KRELL processor too.

Attachments

• Day 2.jpg
    Day 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
In the making!!!

Thanks Tim, ........really appreciate it, it is definitely in the making, I was hesitant to start finishing and upgrading because we were thinking of buying another house, so this stuff may be moved soon to another location, and if it is, I will be upgrading and remodeling so I will post again when everything is actually finished,.......thanks!

Nice system..I love the SL-3's, they're a great speaker. My system has been under construction for years now so I know what you're feeling....don't worry you'll never be done. haha

Dan

Pete, again....welcome...movie time I see !!

I think the SL3 were the best looking of the old generation (deliniated by Summits)

They still manage to look light and airy despite being in a big heavy frame. The best of the old!

All the prodigy/ascent era just look too fat. The reQuest is too big. Aerius is too small. SL3 is perfect.

-Allen

Big Thanks!!!

Thank you Allen!!! When I initially went to pick up the speakers I had this "vision" in my head that they would be the size of Clarity's, so i was pleasantly surprised to see that they were in fact bigger than I planned for, I was really wondering what the wife was going to say, being that I gave her the say over what goes in the place (our first), she says "you can see through them, and they're kinda artsy"! I said woman, you have no idea!!!!

Pete,

Welcome to the forum, from another Sequel owner! (I have "original" Sequels, and love them!) It's always good to see someone else who is keeping the older ML's alive.

Your setup looks very nice and clean. I bet those speakers make your movie experience fantastic. When I had my Sequels as the mains in my 5.1 setup, it had a HUGE soundstage that was tough to beat.

Welcome, and enjoy the fun here. This is a GREAT bunch of guys (and a few women too) and the knowledge here is only exceeded by our fanaticism for Martin Logans!

--Richard

Thanks a million

Hey thanks Dreamer!!!!!!, I must admit my system isn't finished by a long shot, but these speakers carry the weight right now of the center and subwoofer right now,..........and that's saying a lot, cause I had a Def tech supercube 1 in the corner on spikes, and I don't miss it one bit!!!! Truly unbelievable response from these SL3's, for some reason they truly shine in the room, but I will eventually get a ML sub and center, not sure with what surrounds to go with just yet, my budget doesn't allow for brand new ML surrounds.

center/surrounds

i have a cinema center with stand in excellent condition if you are intrested i used this with my Sl3's with great results until i bought the summits and the stage center. I am using the SL3's for the rears and the scripts for the sides. good luck in finding what you want.

Way to go Pete ......... and it looks like you have lots of air and less relection behind your panels, so you should get a deep soundstage - any comments on that?

Steve

Yes indeed!!!! The soundstage is pretty deep on most material, it's set up right now for movies & music, but music overall, so I really tried to space them just right for two-channel listening, overall, I've been really happy. Bare walls and carpeted floors, the reciever actually has that "YPAO" so it really images well for an auto-set up.

Latest posts

Back