System #250 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Name: Fan Xi

ML Models:
Front: Vantage in birds eye maple
Center: Motif in black ash
Subwoofer: Descent in birds eye maple
Rear: Passage with silver grilles

Other Equipment
TV: Pioneer Elite pro-150FD
HiDef: Pioneer Elite BDP-95FD
DVD: Oppo DV 983H
Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH
Bracket: K2 X arm
Remote: Universal remote mx-980

Hey guys, finally after 8 months the system is complete. I first heard the Martin Logans for the 1st time this past aug when I moved back to PA. Was checking out tweeter to listen for Sonos Faber when I heard the Martins. I thought my Gallos Acoustics reference were awesome in speed and highs, but the vantage blow me away. I gave the old system to my dad and planned to build a new one. At the same time I bought a new construction home so even though I wanted to take the speakers with me home right away, I couldn't since I lived in a cramped APT. So I waited, and it took 6 months for the house to be finished. The tweeter guys just finally finished the installation this past weekend, we were waiting for the Xarm for the TV.
I have no furnitures yet, not being delivered until end of the month. But, just watched I am Legend last night, it was breath taking. I want to thank everyone on this forum, while I was waiting for my house to be built I trolled the forum and learned alot, esp, dave.

Here's some prelim photos, I am horrible at taking pictures, I will have my friend take better ones soon.

Upgrades:
Planning a dedicated 2 channel set up. Ayre power and preamp and cd player.

peace!:music:

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,113
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Fan, up and lookin' good ! again, welcome !

Welcome Bboy Fantastic...

Love the birdseye maple on the Vantage and Descent i. I have reg. maple with my Vista, Depth i combo. It's funny, the first and only movie I've watched with the M.L.'s for sound was I Am Legend and it Was awesome. I have watched a few concert dvd's, but mostly just listen to music...

Lookin' Good!!!
Satch

thanks, yeah, the opening scene of will smith driving the mustag chasing the deers in manhattan is awesome. My gf damn near ****ed herself when the lion jumped out and cought the dear. Also, try the movie "Sunshine" in blueray with DTS HD master audio, AMG the rumble my descent makes. Great movie and even better soundtrack.

Impressive! I like the BEM Vantages because they remind me of my formers.... nice veneer!

What an awesome and clean setup. Congratulations! Once the furniture arrives, I'm sure that you will be spending some quality time.

Very nice set up. Get them out from the wall and listen to what they can really do !

So far the open area has not bothered me. Of course I haven't done any critical listening yet. The system is not complete, will finish it in another 4 wks or so. I think the open space helps with bass, the few music scenes I listened to were awesome even on the receiver. I plan on having heavy curtains along the wall to the right of the sub which is a giant window running the length of the room. I got the area rug with the same idea to dampen the sound. Just played the DVD of Gotan Project, one of my favorite chill out artist and it sounded great.

What about the open area behind bothers you?

How do you like the motif with the vantages? pros? cons?

btw, the opening scene in "I am Legend" with the Ford GT500 is wildness!

Last edited:
I love it.

Looks: It would have been nice if I could have gotten the motif in BEM but martin logan told my dealer they could only do the standard colors. Before the TV went up, I didn't like the look of the speaker on the wall above the fireplace at all. It juts out 7 inches or so, and during the day, the ESL reflects light. But, once the TV went up, esp since I used a remote control xarm with preset for different tilts, it is flush with the TV and looks great. With the TV on, all your attention is on the TV, I don't notice the speaker at all.

Sound: I was worried that it would sound small, meaning you could tell the sound came from one spot like it does with my gallos acoustics AV reference. But, the way the motif is curved, throws the sound out in a wide stage, like a stereo image, pretty cool, and it sounds just like the vantage so it's seamless. Definitely recommeded.

And, yes that scene is awesome, if I weren't a progreen person I would already have a GT500 right now. Watched that scene like 20 times now and still loves it.

Very clean looking. I agree with C.A.P. and move the speakers out from that wall if you can. Even if it's just to experiment. Anyway great setup!!:music:

Back