System #216 (Vista, Logos, Aerius, Depth i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LASP

Reaction score
Larry Springer's System
Bozeman, MT

Mains ML Vistas (2007)
Center ML Logos (~1995)
Rears ML Aerius (~1993)
Sub ML Depth i (2007)

I just upgraded my Home theater by adding the Vistas & Depth i and moving my Aerius' to the rears. Also added a Pioneer PRO-150FD.

Amplifiers Adcom 5500 & 5503
Preamp Marantz AV9000
Power conditioning Furman Elite 20i
HDDVD Toshiba A20
Blue Ray Sony PS3
HD Tape Marantz 8400
DVD-A Toshiba 9200
Vinyl Rega 25 & Clearaudio Virtuoso
Video Pioneer PRO150FD

I have been hooked on the ML sound for a long time with my Aerius'. However, the improvements made over the years as shown by the Vista's is amazing.

Larry

Attachments

• HT-m.jpg
    HT-m.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 759
Last edited:
Larry, Welcome, nice HT set-up ! I see mention of a vinyl rig, what are you using for a phono-pre ?

Dave

I have an inexpensive QED battery powered unit.
However it sounds very nice especially for the money.
I think it benefits from the clean battery power.

I have been considering a new Phono-Pre and may try a tube unit.
I tube Phono-pres I have heard seem to sound good with the vinyl.

Larry

kcl

Thanks.

I took a quick look at your system very nice.

I have been considering doint a similar configuration with a drop down screen in the future for serious movie watching. Has that worked out well for you. Also I previously used Definitive technology for rears and found they worked well with the MLs.

I notice you are in Davis, I graduated UC Davis in 1972.

Larry

LASP, Welcome aboard!
You really should upgrade the preamp/amp combination in order to unlock all the potentials of the vinyl rig & the Vista ;) Only the mains left & right channels though.

I'm also a former Davisite. Class of '84.

Spike

Spike

Yes the Amp/preamp is next on the upgrade list. However the checkbook needs to recover from buying the vistas, Depth, and Pro150FD first. I may try a tube amp. I like your concept of a tube amp om the panel and solid state on the woofer.

I recently moved to MT from Cupertino.

Larry

I have been considering doing a similar configuration with a drop down screen in the future for serious movie watching. Has that worked out well for you?
I've been really happy with it. The way I've been able to configure the system, all video inputs can be watched in either 720p on the Pioneer Elite TV, or 1080p on the lowered screen via the Sony G90 projector. (Sports in hi-def is really great to watch on the big screen!) It also helps that my screen is a Steward Filmscreen Studiotek 130, which is generally considered the top of the line.
Yep, I graduated about the same year from UCD, and my daughter graduated from there in 1991.

Spike

Yes the Amp/preamp is next on the upgrade list. However the checkbook needs to recover from buying the vistas, Depth, and Pro150FD first. I may try a tube amp. I like your concept of a tube amp om the panel and solid state on the woofer.

I recently moved to MT from Cupertino.

Larry
Larry,
Be sure to look up my various posts on bi-amping if you're heading down the path of tubed panels and ss woofers. Do a search with "bi-amp spike" as keywords and you'll get lots of posts at your fingertips.

I see that you're in Bozeman, MT. We've been thinking about heading up to Big Sky for a family ski trip one of these years :)

Spike

Spike

I will do that search before I do anything.
This would be my first try at Bi-amping.

THanks

Larry

Back