System #19 (CLX, Descents)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my view you are better getting less expensive components and ensuring you cover all areas than a single item which is much more expensive which would limit other areas.
This is contrary to the philosophy that Linn used to push that if you have limited funds you should get the best source possible and compromise on the rest. Remember the "Garbage In / Garbage Out" ads? Of course, Linn was trying to push LP12s.

Agreed Bernard, those are some SERIOUS upgrades!

Great job Marck, beautiful system.
Tim, those are components that wet dreams are made of; or, to quote you, they give you an "Audio Woody"! :)

Last edited:
This is contrary to the philosophy that Linn used to push that if you have limited funds you should get the best source possible and compromise on the rest. Remember the "Garbage In / Garbage Out" ads? Of course, Linn was trying to push LP12s.

Agreed. It is all about consistency throughout the chain for me!

The other point I would make is that I now listen to a much broader range of music than before. Basically anything that is well recorded is enjoyed :)

M.

Could a moderator update the title of my thread to 'CLX and Pair of Descent I's'

Thx
Marc.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations for your fantastic system.

For changing your banner, send an e-mail to Tom d'Acquisto at [email protected]

I faced the same problem, and he was very kind to do it for me (it can't be done by users themselves).

Congratulations for your fantastic system.

For changing your banner, send an e-mail to Tom d'Acquisto at [email protected]

I faced the same problem, and he was very kind to do it for me (it can't be done by users themselves).

Thank you for your kind comments and Tom's details. I have just sent him an email
Rgds
Marc.

Very nice Mark. I've got some EAT tube dampers. Zero difference I can hear so I don't use them, but hey, they look cool!:) They just turned up inside the EAR868PL and stayed with me after I sold it.

And Bernard, after that remark somehow Woody Woodpecker doesn't seem so innocent!

Justin, I was just anticipating what Tim would say, but yes, "Woody Woodpecker" is rife with double entendres. :cool:

Lol guys.

Agreed re tube dampers!!
M.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More changes... Have now changed from Scarlatti to the Vivaldi. Also new rack, the Stillpoints grid rack. Will post photos in a few weeks since having room redecorated too. Should be pretty cool when completed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Back