Summit and Vantage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicman

Reaction score
Hi all,

What would be your opinion on the following; since the Summit is replacing the Prodigy and the consensus on this forum is that it(Summit) is really better than the Prodigy, the Vantage replacing the Odyssey and the Ascent, is the Vantage better than the Ascent and as good as the Odyssey or is better than the Odyssey? I like the Vantage better than the Ascent but never had the opportunity to listen to a pair of Odyssey.

Musicman

musicman said:
Hi all,

What would be your opinion on the following; since the Summit is replacing the Prodigy and the consensus on this forum is that it(Summit) is really better than the Prodigy, the Vantage replacing the Odyssey and the Ascent, is the Vantage better than the Ascent and as good as the Odyssey or is better than the Odyssey? I like the Vantage better than the Ascent but never had the opportunity to listen to a pair of Odyssey.

Musicman
Hola Musicman. IMHO every ML model has its own caracterist and good sound. The Odyssey are to my liking, one of the best models of ML. I love their definition at bass notes with a double bass. To my liking Prodigies where a little bit over, but again, it is my liking, besides that my room is too small for them. Regarding the Vantage versus the Odyssey, using an expression from other member, they are different animals. The new Vantage is less expensive and offer to us, the users, the new sound of ML tech. The odyssey, on the other hand, is a classic. Everything is a matter of taste and liking. Try to listen both, and choose the one that you like most. Trust your ear, (I have being doing my best of not to say this again...) and happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back