SL3, Speaker wire suggestions. Sunfire Amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HG5150

Reaction score
I finally stepped into the audiophile world and now own a mint pair of SL3s and wanted to know about the type of speaker wire to use. I have read countless docs and nothing seems to be set in stone as far as the need. A few Mcintosh techs have stated as long as the cable is twisted, I should be ok with 10-12 runs. I am using a Sunfire Series II amp bi wired. Also, I was wondering if I need the 1/4-20 ETC™ Spike as listed on their website. I have the SL3s on tile.

Last edited:
Speaker wire choices are a personal one, and your question will likely receive a wide and varied opinion.

Personally I've had great experience with Nordost and Straightwire cables. They're inexpensive compared to countless others. Either the Nordost Red Daw or Baldur can be found for reasonable prices new and used on Audiogon. Same goes for Straightwire brand. I've seen recent great buys on Audioquest biwire cables on Audiogon as well for less than $150..used of course.

As far as spikes on tile, nadda imho. Carpet yes, but not on a tile floor.

Welcome to the world of 'stats and 'da club!

Latest posts

Back