Show us your system contest at TONEAudio....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Want to show off your system and enter what will be our coolest contest of the new year, without joining Facebook?

We will be featuring one system per week on our blog and concurrently on our FB page, so you don't have to "like" us to enter this contest. Send me a pic or two of your system and tell us about it and your music collection.

The best one will get featured on our site every week and be automatically entered in the end of the year contest, where we will announce a "system of the year" and award a stellar prize. The system of the week, will win a $30 gift certificate from Music Direct or Soundstage Direct.

Doesn't matter if your system is spendy, budget, or somewhere in-between. However, the better your photo is, the better chance you have of getting the nod for system of the week.

This will run from now until Dec.1 of next year and we'll have our readers vote for the best system.

Don't post it here, or PM. Drop an email to [email protected] along with some high quality jpegs.

I know there are some great systems here, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got.

system submitted.

thanks for the opportunity Rich :)

Now there are mistakes - and I am sure this is genuine - but that is one mistake Jeff maybe thinking isn't.:)

Cool contest anyway. Good luck to those who submit!

Now there are mistakes - and I am sure this is genuine - but that is one mistake Jeff maybe thinking isn't.:)

Cool contest anyway. Good luck to those who submit!
Justin, do you think Rich (the REAL Rich) will participate ?

I don't see how anyone familiar with the history of this forum could participate with a clear conscience.

Last edited:
I don't see how anyone familiar with the history of this forum could participate with a clear consensus.

People should hold a grudge because there was some opinions that weren't congruent with his? Come on now.

I don't see how anyone familiar with the history of this forum could participate with a clear consensus.

George,

Didn't you mean conscience, not consensus?

Assuming that's correct, not all people feel the way you still do about Jeff. Sorry that it still bothers you. :cool:

With all due respect, it's only a forum.

GG

Didn't you mean conscience..........
Yes, thank you for catching that.

With all due respect, it's only a forum.

GG, by now you know that I think the people which support and cheer on a cyberbully are just as guilty, that includes you and TD. If you want to start another thread to review history, go ahead. Just remember JD's accomplice TD edited the majority of the offensive posts and banished the victims in one way or another. Be warned, cyber-bullies are starting to face the law all over the country, there are always repercussions.

Please feel free to correct for spelling.

Gents,

OMG......I don't even know where to start......lets put it this way Jeff extended an invite, you've got two choices jump in or ignore it. I will delete BS posts that serve no purpose other than creating another ****ing match.

George,

I was being empathetic and I, like many others I suspect, didn't follow the riff between you and Jeff, hence my ambivalent position on this matter.

If that makes me a cyber bully, so be it. Threatening comments are hardly appropriate.

Please chill. Holding onto anger is not healthy.

Best,

Gordon

Let it go guys. If I remember correctly, both sides were a bit over zealous towards the end. Those are nice speakers...

Wow! I'm no big fan of JD's, as everyone knows, but George I really think you are over the top here. We all get hot sometimes and say things we may regret later, but I seriously don't think JD has ever said anything on this forum that would make him have to "face the law" as you put it. Gordon is, in my biased opinion, one of the more reasonable voices on this forum, and to call him a "cyberbully" for simply pointing out that everyone doesn't feel as vehement as you do about JD borders on ridiculous. Lots of forum members have expressed that they miss JD's posts on this forum and they are certainly entitled to that opinion without being called names. TomDac runs a good ship, in my opinion. He generally lets things go until they get out of hand, and then he moderates as necessary, editing out the trash and asking people to tone it down. He has never banned anyone that didn't deserve it by their behavior, as far as I can tell. Ultimately, it is his forum and if you really don't like the way he runs it, then I can't see why you would want to continue to post here.

As Dave said, JD made a nice offer inviting people to show off their systems in another online showcase. You can choose to participate or not. But just because you or I may not wish to participate, that doesn't give us the right to trash others who do and try to re-open old arguments and pour salt in old wounds. There is just no call for that. Let's try to keep the discourse on this forum at a higher level moving forward. And honestly, Gordon is right. Holding onto such anger really isn't healthy. Just enjoy the music and move forward in your life. I, for one, wish JD the best with this project.

Cool contest. To the other posts, c'mon people. Grow some balls, rub some dirt on it and be a man. Thin skin seems to be the norm on this forum lately and it is a bit embarrassing IMO.

Latest posts

Back