Seeking phono preamp problem advice...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTB300 said:
Howdy Neighbor!!!! I live up in Silver Spring by White Flint Mall....

While I am not a Vinyl user to help you in your issues here, a fellow ML member is always welcome to stop over sometime to do some ML listening.

Dan
Thanks for the invitation. I might just take you up on it some day. - Steve

aliveatfive said:
It's probably a long drive, but the best bet for you would probably be Overture in Wilmington, DE. They stock both ARC and ML. A pleasant place to shop - and NO SALES TAX.

Thanks. I've read some good things about that place.

slowGEEZR said:
Thanks. I've read some good things about that place.
Twich (user here) visits there frequently and can probably pass on info about it for you.

Dan

jfm, I am currently using a Rowland 8T on a pair of Apogee Divas in my two channel system. The Apogees are insensitive and the Rowland has plenty of power and just sounds more musical than the krell, levinson, and White. Of course Summits should not need this kind of power and I have wanted a tube amp for a very long time. Like aliveatfive I am lusting after an arc Ref 110. I may go for the Ref 110 before the Summits if it can drive the Apogees (my arc dealer promises it will). The rest of the system is arc PH5, arc Ref 3, Ayre c5xe, Sonic Frontiers SFD 2 Mk 3 (DAC for CD only when I am in a tubular mood), VPI HW 19 Mk4 with SDS, Koetsu Rosewood Sig.

Last edited:
Back