Screaming Deal....If you ask me

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmchism

Reaction score
Not that I'm specifically in the market for a new Plasma (although I never stop looking), but this strikes me as a great deal for a great set. Visual Apex (www.visualapex.com) has the business model of the Panasonic 50inch plasma (TH-50PH9UK) for only $1695, plus there is a $100 rebate, and it includes a 5yr warranty from Panasonic. Sure shipping is extra (unless you pick up in Seattle) and this model doesn't come with a tuner, speakers, a stand, or HDMI/DVI inputs, but all of those can be added. For under $2000k you could have one of the top rated 50 inch plasma's with a 5yr warranty and even get the HDMI input!!! Seems good to me, but just wanted to pass on what I was seeing. Cheers

Not that I'm specifically in the market for a new Plasma (although I never stop looking), but this strikes me as a great deal for a great set. Visual Apex (www.visualapex.com) has the business model of the Panasonic 50inch plasma (TH-50PH9UK) for only $1695, plus there is a $100 rebate, and it includes a 5yr warranty from Panasonic. Sure shipping is extra (unless you pick up in Seattle) and this model doesn't come with a tuner, speakers, a stand, or HDMI/DVI inputs, but all of those can be added. For under $2000k you could have one of the top rated 50 inch plasma's with a 5yr warranty and even get the HDMI input!!! Seems good to me, but just wanted to pass on what I was seeing. Cheers

How do you add a HDMI input after the fact?

HDMI Input

As this is the professional model, each of the inputs are added separately. This adds the flexibility to add only what inputs are absolutely needed and minimizes the initial cost. They call the input a "HDMI board" and its a simple plug and play action. The cost on visual apex is $155, but it can probably be found cheaper.

Sucks the HDMI cards are only HDMI 1.1.

Are they HDCP-compliant?

Well I bought one :)

Got a Sanus PFFP stand as well.

Will post pics when I can (next week I think).

Sanus

Congrats on the purchase. I'm saving my bucks at the moment to get the Stage and Script I, but if not I'd be all over it too. I have the same sanus stand with my Phillips Plasma, and think its a great looking stand. I haven't updated my pictures in awhile (lots of new equipment) but you can see the stand in my profile (System 121).

Can't wait to see your pics too!

Back