Quest vs ReQuest, opinions?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjcarr

Reaction score
Anybody know the sonic differences between these two? Looking for sound quality differences, not technical differences. i.e. how close to the ReQuests are the Quests? I've owned ReQuests in the past and loved them. Thinking about getting a pair of Quests to get back into ML's (from Magnepan).

James

Be patient James, Tim and Tom will get an answer to you shortly !!

As for the ReQuest they had a little tamer x over for the impedance curve . The Bass was supposed to be the same but some say the Quest had better bass.(A bit more boom, To some to much ) I have Quest and have heard both in different set ups and its close. The same room with the same spot and same electronics it would be close . The Older Quest have true Bi Wire and Bi amp capabilities using the internal x over. The panels on both will be a deciding factor with age being the key. Its a toss up as to when they will go . Some have 15 year old panels that sound great some have 10 year old that are shot. Buy with the knowledge that you may be spending $700 for new panels at some time . I switched from Maggies IIIa's to Logan's and never looked back.

Latest posts

Back