Back and Front Porch ceiling speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Plunkett (JSTDID)

Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I've been searching and searching for ceiling-mounted speakers for the past year. Every time I get close to a purchase, I see something brighter or makes me double-guess the decision I'm about to make.

Salespeople, for the most part, want to sell you what they want to put in their pockets. My main system in the house is derived from ARCAM AVR and amp. ML 60XTI and the rest is Polk. Love both and am torn between the two, in regard to outdoor speakers and different zones. Again these will be outdoor speakers and looking for good sound but nothing that will break the bank.

Both have great reviews. Looking to see what others have used, (may not be Polk or ML, and that's fine) recommend and why. Notice I did not mention any specific units.

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions and recommendations.

JP

About 9 months ago I installed outdoor speakers from OSD in our (covered) lanai... https://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/180w-8-inch-outdoor-patio-speaker-pair-black-white-ap850.html

The OSD AP850's are relatively inexpensive (manufactured in China), but sound great, with more bass than the 20 y/o old Speakercraft models they replaced Time will tell how they hold up with Florida's humidity, but I'm impressed thus far. OSD has lots of models to choose from, including in-ceiling (if that's what your prefer), and many are available via Amazon, with free returns.

About 9 months ago I installed outdoor speakers from OSD in our (covered) lanai... https://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/180w-8-inch-outdoor-patio-speaker-pair-black-white-ap850.html

The OSD AP850's are relatively inexpensive (manufactured in China), but sound great, with more bass than the 20 y/o old Speakercraft models they replaced Time will tell how they hold up with Florida's humidity, but I'm impressed thus far. OSD has lots of models to choose from, including in-ceiling (if that's what your prefer), and many are available via Amazon, with free returns.
I use speakercraft rock speakers and I'm actually surprised at how good they sound. I've had them since 2009 too. I'm on my 2nd pair, which i got for free! They have a lifetime warranty as long as you buy from an authorized dealer and you're the original owner. All I did was call the dealer here and bring in the old ones. Speakercraft I think likes them back so they car research what went wrong.
I also have 3 pairs of indoor Speakercraft speakers and I'm happy with those. Those are from 2009 and still sound like new.

In 2013 I installed Helos 20s in the ceiling of 2 screened porches here in Florida. Still no issues with them holding up well.
I used Helos 100 in our living room ceiling and they are still working flawlessly.

In 2013 I installed Helos 20s in the ceiling of 2 screened porches here in Florida. Still no issues with them holding up well.
I used Helos 100 in our living room ceiling and they are still working flawlessly.
Thank you

Awesome, thank you

Thank you all for the responses

Appreciate it

Latest posts

Back