Playing hookie - Stereo day

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
I'm staying at home today, playing hookie from work to play some records. I can do that, I'm my own boss.

I just need a little "me time". I have my cell phone, e-mail and fax in case anything comes up.

I've been going into work every weekend since June, getting burnt out. I can't really "jamb" or "rock out" on the weekends with my wife around, don't have a seperate stereo room.

Have you ever just turned the world off?

When you run your own business, you can do this - but it always cost you something. I've done this "hookie thing" before to drive my old sports car through the country on a nice spring or fall day.

Today is stereo day, wish me luck you working stiffs. :D

Kach,

You're exercising one of the benefits of being self employed! Sorry to hear you don't do it more often! Work SMART! Enjoy YOUR day!

Rudy

Have a Blast....

kach22i said:
I just need a little "me time".

George,

Have a great time. If you get a chance, play some of the CD's, I recently recommended for the ML Club, you will quickly achieve a state of 'Sonic Nirvana' for your 'stereo day', 'me time'... :D

Good luck!

-Robin

Stereo Day?

kach22i said:
I'm staying at home today, playing hookie from work to play some records. I can do that, I'm my own boss.

I just need a little "me time". I have my cell phone, e-mail and fax in case anything comes up.

I've been going into work every weekend since June, getting burnt out. I can't really "jamb" or "rock out" on the weekends with my wife around, don't have a seperate stereo room.

When you run your own business, you can do this - but it always cost you something. I've done this "hookie thing" before to drive my old sports car through the country on a nice spring or fall day.

George,

So how did it go? How was your Stereo Day? :D :D :D

Cheers

-Robin

Well, it's been a couple of days, sorry for not getting back sooner.

Started with a Paula Cole CD, switched to vinyl when I knew everything was warmed up.

I can't remember the last time I played a double LP uninterrupted. Beatles double white, singing along like I was a teenager..............great stuff. Revolution 9, never heard it on an all tube electrostatic system before - no drugs required. :)

Much more vinyl played, took a nap.............growing gray and old.:D

Edited for spelling. :cool:

Last edited:
Stereo Day...

kach22i said:
Well, it's been a couple of days, sorry for not getting back sooner.

Started with a Paula Cole CD, switched to vinyl when I knew everything was warmed up.

I can't remember the last time I played a double LP uninterrupted. Beatles double white, singing along like I was a teenager..............great stuff. Revolution 9, never heard it on an all tube electrostatic system before - no drugs required. :)

Much more vinyl played, took a nap.............growing gray and old.:D

Edited for spelling. :cool:
kach22i,

Sounds like a lot of good clean audiophile fun... Until your next 'Stereo Day', keep on enjoying your beautiful ML tubed system... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Back