Pacific NW / San Juan Islands retreat or B&B

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaphod

Reaction score
so my wife and I want to take a last minute holiday before the baby arrival (fall) and now that my parents have headed back home - that is, somewhere between August 10 to 14th.

We haven't had much luck finding a spot, either selection is too wide or selection is all booked up.

anyone in the "upper left" corner of the states have any thoughts or ideas about a getaway spot?

Lance, consider instead something close by.

http://www.sookeharbourhouse.com/

This place is not far from Victoria, and has long been known for its exceptional food; they have their own herb garden. I stopped there once, but did not stay or sample the food. I'm sure your wife would appreciate a massage, which they give in your room.

You could also go to Tofino, to the Wickeninnish Inn.

Lance, if you go to Tofino, do not miss a restaurant called "Schooners". There is also a place famous for fish tacos called "Sobo"; I didn't know about it until after I went there.

i've been to Victoria many, many times and really like it there. heck, i was born on Vancouver island (other end of it :) )

my favourite places to eat in Victoria are ReBar for brunch/breakfast and Spinnakers for dinner and brews. My wife and I spent last year's anniversary in the Empress Hotel for that weekend and had a blast wandering aboot town.

Back