New speakers!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice speakers Steve, love the finish on them.

Cheers, Greg

Really great-looking speaker. I was just thinking that what would look really good right next to each speaker is an ARC 610T. It would match the bottom half of the speaker. :devil:

I have seen the ARC in the flesh; static display only, unfortunately. That is one massive amp.

Really great-looking speaker. I was just thinking that what would look really good right next to each speaker is an ARC 610T. It would match the bottom half of the speaker. :devil:

I have seen the ARC in the flesh; static display only, unfortunately. That is one massive amp.

Bernard, I've listened to the big ARC and if I had a spare $40K or $50K (I forget what they cost) lying around I'd have them. They really put out the heat, though.

I heard the ARC 610T at this years CES. It does sound great, but sure puts out a lot of heat!

Bernard, I've listened to the big ARC and if I had a spare $40K or $50K (I forget what they cost) lying around I'd have them. They really put out the heat, though.
They are $40K. The heat would be great for an Ottawa winter; the summer would be a totally different matter.

They are $40K. The heat would be great for an Ottawa winter; the summer would be a totally different matter.

I owned ARC Classic 120 monoblocks and in the Summer in So Cal running the A/C was mandatory to sit and listen in the evenings.:ROFL:

I owned ARC Classic 120 monoblocks and in the Summer in So Cal running the A/C was mandatory to sit and listen in the evenings.:ROFL:

I can relate. Here, in Texas, we're experiencing a cold front. We're going to go all the way down to a high of 92 by Sunday.:D

You just missed out...

Echo Audio here in portland just sold a mint pair for 17,500.

Even the REF 600's are very good and you can usually pick up a set for about $8,000. A lot of amplifier for the money!

You just missed out...

Echo Audio here in portland just sold a mint pair for 17,500.

Even the REF 600's are very good and you can usually pick up a set for about $8,000. A lot of amplifier for the money!

Thanks Jeff. It will be quite a few months before I buy an amp and a preamp, though. I've got to start saving again. Besides, there are so many great preamps and amps out there to audition.

Have you heard the REF 300's? They are also great amps and personally, I like both the 300 and 600 because you can bias the tubes individually, not requiring perfectly matched sets.

The Wilson's are very efficient and easy to drive, so you have a lot of choices at your disposal...

Have fun on the search!

Those are beautiful!! I always loved the sound of the Watt/puppy combo, but they are a little too revealing for all of my musical tastes.

Those are beautiful!! I always loved the sound of the Watt/puppy combo, but they are a little too revealing for all of my musical tastes.

Thanks! You're right, they are very revealing to the source. This is the curse with all great revealing speakers, with great source material they are out of this world, but with lousy source material, they show all the warts.

Thanks! You're right, they are very revealing to the source. This is the curse with all great revealing speakers, with great source material they are out of this world, but with lousy source material, they show all the warts.

One of the reasons they were used as monitors for mixing movie soundtracks.;) Shawn Murphy is one that uses Wilson.From an article written by Steve Guttenberg for CNET in August 2007.

Academy award winning Sound Mixer, Shawn Murphy (Mystic River, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Jurassic Park) has his pick of the world's best speakers, but sticks with Wilsons on the job. Warner Brothers, Pixar, Disney and CBS/Sony are all loyal customers, but the bulk of the sales are to audiophiles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back