New or older ML?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reybent

Reaction score
I was wondering is the older ML as good as the new ones? I mean the buildt quality, sound in mid range, bass etc... What is you experience..
Me, myself I have ML Request, even though it has some years behind I am considering of maybe to upgrade to vista or vantage.. Haven`t heard them yet but afraid that I get dissappointed when I do have them in my listening room.. Bought the Request from another member here (which I am very thankfull to) Did alot of research and everybody was amased of the mid-range. And some claim that only this alone was good enough reason to get the Request. Can you compare the the mid range with any other newer modell of ML?

you have to find a way to hear them before you buy. it just so happens my friend has a pair of request and I have owned the vista vantage and now the spire.

1) you must buy at least the spire or summit to be more happy

2)the bass slams my buddies request just slams it!

3) the newer panels are more potent and reveling the the older ones

4) they are so much smaller and that allows you to tweek their placement much easier.

the request do have a big sound but the spires,summits,and so on are still better

If you want new or barely used, I would advise Spire or Summit. If you want rather used, Prodigy or Odessey. The Quest/ReQuest speakers have a good deal of power and heft in the lower range and extension in the bass that is (in my opinion) not there in the other speakers you are thinking of. The ones that I recommended are better speakers in most respects than the Quest/ReQuest line and you don't lose the power in the bass (in fact you get more power and quality).

Latest posts

Back