New ML Motion owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsdad

Reaction score
Well I finally got the Martin Logans I have been wanting for about 3 years. I ended up with the Motion 12, Motion 10 and Motion 8 center channel. I ended up with a Def Tec 1000 sub......got a killer deal. I am running it all with a Denon AVR 591. I am looking to upgrade my receiver, any thoughts? What is a good wattage to look for in a receiver? I really dont understand the Ohms thing. I have a general knowledge but the manuel say 4,6,or 8 ohms? How do I know what my receiver is putting out at? I am looing at the Denon AVR 1912 to replace my 591.

Welcome to the club and congrats on the speakers! Sounds like your current receiver is safe to drive 4, 6 and 8 ohm speakers. I mainly use separates but have had good luck with Denon and Onkyo, no specific models to recommend though.

just hooked my Motion 10's up to my new 1912. LOVE IT! i upgraded from a theater in a box, so im not sure what i really know, but the 1912 has no problem pushing the 10's and sounds great. It also has ethernet.

Back