new member. old speakers.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lure

Reaction score
My old speakers come with a short story. I spent many hours at a dear friend's house listening to music on his ML Sequels. I'd bring things to share. he'd have new stuff to check out. We had favorites we needed to hear again and again. We'd have some drinks, eat dinner and just listen. I used to have a small pair of Maggies and they sounded wonderful. But listening to these MLs was like hearing music for the first time. They were not kind to poor recordings, but good recordings just blossomed. His MLs are part of some really wonderful memories.

Well, I lost this friend a couple of years back and inherited his system. i still often refer to it as "Jim's system" rather than my own. A tough loss, but he lives on for me through his MLs that stand in my living room and fill it with music.

This system isn't elaborate, but i love it. Some changes have been made since inheriting it.

ML Sequels from around '88. (new panels installed 2006)
Amp: Rotel RB-1090
Pre: Accurus LSII
phono stage: Accurus P10
CD: California Audio Labs CL-15
Turntable: old Denon DP 37F (hopefully upgraded soon)
Cartridge: Benz Micro Silver

hello all!

Jeff

may not be elaborate but it is great in my eyes. sorry to hear about your friends departure but happy to see you here.

Jeff, First off .... Welcome to our little corner of the audio world !

Secondly, thanks for sharing your memorable M/L journey to date and as always, glad to have another analog fan in the group !

Thanks for the welcome! i'm looking forward to learning some things here.

yes, like so many have done lately, i've been getting back into vinyl. i like the sound and really enjoy the way it keeps you involved with the music. it's the next thing i want to upgrade. my old denon sounds good with the benz micro, but i think a newer turntable will improve things.

Welcome, What a great way to have a remembrance of a great friend.

they are awesome speakers. they were getting pretty flat so i ordered new panels (a damn good deal, too, if you ask me) and they came right back to life! the highs were back. the mids were more present.

the fine folks at ML also sent some new capacitors to install with instructions on how to do so. but i didn't have the nerve to talk a soldering iron to them myself. now i can't find the instructions! i'll work on getting those here.

great story.. sorry about your loss.. Sequels were my first logans too and I loved them for 16 years!!! Welcome to the Club.

Last edited:
Touching story. I think that we would all like to see our audio equipment that we are soo passionate about go to someone else who can truly appreciate the "experiance" of the equipment over the "ownership" of the equipment.

Dominick

Welcome aboard and very sad to hear about your loss. The best times are had when the enjoyment of something you love (ie listening to music) is shared with like-minded invididual(s). I am sure your friend is still there listening to "his" system with you and enjoying great times. It looks to be a really good one that continues to provide great tunes!

Latest posts

Back