New Member From Greater St. Louis MO Area

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm a casual listener, but do enjoy good music. I have a very modest home theater setup, nothing earth shaking, I wish...

I have M&K S-100's on the front that I purchased new in '94 I believe, along with a M&K MX-90 subwoofer. I have Boston Acoustics front center and Polk Audio dipole surrounds.

Right now I'm running a Yamaha RX-V3800 receiver for the system. I have a Harmon Kardon AVR-8000, but it did not have HDMI when I went to HD TV. So I switched to the Yamaha at that time. It's been a pretty good performer, but has a LOT of settings and for an old guy like me, that can be confusing if you're not on top of it all the time.

My pre-amp panel on the MX-90 just went out and I have it out to United Radio in Syracuse NY for repair.

In lieu of being able to run my M&K's temporarily, I just scored a pair of Martin Logan Scenarios. They are in new condition, but not sure of the age. Here are the serial numbers, ZENE022 - ZENF022. That would seem to show them as a pair.

They sound great, but I do miss the extra lows that I get from the MX-90 sub.

I'm also a gearhead. Anything with a motor or wheels is okay with me. I've built streetrods, restored cars, built motorcycles and worked as a mechanic in my earlier years, back in the late 60's/70's.

I'm just interested in my new to me Scenarios and want to find out more about ML. I've always wanted a pair. If I get the chance I would like to upgrade from my Scenarios, but have not got a clue as to all of the models of the ML's.

Is there a glossary of ML models over the years that I can get a hold of to know more about what I'm looking at?

If anyone is interested, here is the link to my Picture Trail photo albums.

Dan's Picture Trail Photo Albums

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Tom, thanks.

I found that after some research. It has tons of information. But without opening each model name, I do not know what's the next up the food chain ladder from my Scenarios.

I would like to search for a pair that may have around a 10" powered woofer, but don't have a lot of available money to spend. I have a great wife and she was all in on the Scenarios, but said if I go up that no money out of our savings or a loan. Not that I would ever take out a loan to buy speakers. I love music, but not that much...

Thanks to all for the kind welcome.

Welcome, I'll bet the Senarios are fabulous. I have ancient Sequel 2s with 10 woofers, I find the bass a little overwhelming even with the on board switches at -3db instead of 0db. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back