Need suggestion for spkr cable for Vista

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w_thongchai

Reaction score
Hi:

I'm currently using MIT Avt3-Biwire for my system with Vista on the chain.
Looking forward to upgrade to either:

MIT Shortgun S1-Biwire
OR
VirtualDynamics David-Biwire

Any of you have tried both or either cable? Wants some ideas/suggestion about how these two cables will interact/results with the system and sounds like from Vista. I normally listen to Jazz (fusion, vocal) and some Pop music with focus on musicality(not critically listening audiophile) as well as first note bass sound.

Detail about my systems
========================
Digital Source: SlimDevice Squeezebox3 (Wired LAN,FLAC)
Digital Cable: S/PDIF (can't remmeber brand ~200$)
Pre-amplifier: Stello DP200 (be both Pre & D/A)
Interconnect Cable: MIT Magnum M1 XLR
Power-amplifier: Ayre V3
Spkr Cable: MIT Avt3 Biwire
Spkr: MartinLogan Vista
Power Cable: Mixed VirtualDynamics PowerBasic/PowerThree
Room Size: 4mx7m with Diffuser/Roomtune

Tks!

Re. the cables, I have no idea. But I thought someone should say :welcome:.

Hi:

I'm currently using MIT Avt3-Biwire for my system with Vista on the chain.
Looking forward to upgrade to either:

MIT Shortgun S1-Biwire
OR
VirtualDynamics David-Biwire

Tks!

First off....Welcome !!

second, regarding above............. why ????

I use mostly MIT cables, and I am not sure if the box is of any benefit. My bi-wire cables have I high output and a low output. That honestly makes me think maybe my cables are doing things I dont want them to.

oops.. forgot to introduce myself... :cheers:
Welcome!!! I was in Bangkok in 1993 and absolutely loved the city and the people.

Did all the usual tourist stuff, plus just walked around and enjoyed the people and the culture.

For cables, they are system, room and individual specific. With that said, you need to try and determine for yourself which is better.

Dan

I use mostly MIT cables, and I am not sure if the box is of any benefit. My bi-wire cables have I high output and a low output. That honestly makes me think maybe my cables are doing things I dont want them to.

Recently, after I had more time listening to my system, I developed the impression that my first note bass sound was somehow missing with current chain. Picking spkr cable of MIT Avt3 Biwire as target spot, now I'm auditioning VD David Biwire and sure it prove my curiosity -- now the bass is back with full bodies. To me, David is just dual solid core wires hooking up between my Amp and spkrs. I believe the network box on MIT cable which divided freq into "High" and "Low" output is not quite match with ML Vista. Now I'm thinking, ML may prefer full freq spectrum feeding to itself to perform best using internal freq division circuit route to its panel/driver.

Thinking of AntiCable now. Any of you guys tried it before or any other recommendation?

Welcome!!! I was in Bangkok in 1993 and absolutely loved the city and the people.

Did all the usual tourist stuff, plus just walked around and enjoyed the people and the culture.

For cables, they are system, room and individual specific. With that said, you need to try and determine for yourself which is better.

Dan

Dan:

Bangkok is still, mostly, the same for tourist attraction. But weather is kind dull due to high temperature + unpredictably raining from time to time, which is nature of Bangkok. Anyway, you should plan your time to revisit Thailand. Besides city tour, ocean is very beautiful in the south (e.g. Krabi).

For cable, I'm auditioning VD David and think it match better with ML Vista, compare to MIT BW. Somehow, I think BW of MIT that does High and Low output separation does not match with Vista internal crossover network. They might prefer full spectrum and doing the freq separation themself.

Bangkok is still, mostly, the same for tourist attraction. But weather is kind dull due to high temperature + unpredictably raining from time to time, which is nature of Bangkok. Anyway, you should plan your time to revisit Thailand. Besides city tour, ocean is very beautiful in the south (e.g. Krabi).
Beside Bangkok and the Palace, I visited the old capital city of Ayutthaya, I was up in Chiang Rai (riding elephants) and as far south as Phuket enjoying the Andaman Sea. We also took a car tour (hired a gentleman) to drive us up into the back roads and hills of Thailand for the entire day so we could see and experience the non-tourist Thailand. Beautiful country, very cordial and friendly people. I hope one day to return.

Dan

Yes also welcome from Michigan, When considering cables you have to know that they cannot add anything to the system. they can only take away. I have used a few different high end brands and have settled on Synergistic Research. Of course this is my personal opinion, but in my system they are very netural and revealing.

Back