Need Peoples Feedback On Anthem Statement P5

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flykmair

Reaction score
Hi,

It's newbie Mike. My system changes day to day no lie. A week ago I had a set of Sources for the fronts with Motif center and Script i's for the rears and surround backs. I had a Denon 3808ci and it just seemed lifeless so ordered a NAD M25 and love how the system came alive. I now had mid bass punch and 2 channel music jumps out at you. On May 3 I took back the sources and Upgraded to Vista's love them still breaking in though. I am seriously considering buying a set of Summits for the fronts and running Vistas as my rears since I listen to SACD's and DVD-Audio disc in Multi-channel and at times in 2 channel. I realize my 2 week old Nad M25 wont cut the mustard and need to ask people whom have Anthem Statement P5's how the like them. The P5 has increased from $5000 TO $7000 since 2005 and if I want 7.1 I have to Buy a Anthem P2 to go with it. My question is how do the Anthem P5 owners like their Amp and is anyone using both the P2 and P5 together? Also what pre-amp are they running with their Anthem? So basically I now own a 2 week old NAD M25 paper weight, expensive paper weight. Love the NAD just want more balls since I will be running Summits front and Vistas Rear and stage center and thinking a pair of mY Script i's for rear surround.

Another option Is the summits running On a P2 in another room. What to do with my $3000 Nad M25 paper Weight... LOL

All Ideas are welcome. I have no way to demo anything I buy, i live in the middle of nowhere and disbaled so i have to buy things and hope and pray. Love the NAD and if I was getting a set of Summits would keep it. Both the NAD M25 and the P5 use seperate Amps per channel, just twice the power with the P5. Nad M25 insides >>>> http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/nad-...technical-brochure-5897/page-14-fullsize.html

Oh how about anthem pre-amps anyone have feedback on them? Have a Nad t-175 right now but thinking about Anthem Statement D-2 or a D-1 or should I look at their their TLP series?

Thanks Mike

I don't recommend the Anthem amps for use with Martin Logan's with powered woofers (Vantage, Summit, and now Spire). I auditioned the MCA 20 and compared it to a Sunfire driving the Vantages and was very disappointed with the Anthem's performance in the bass department. The Anthem produced loose, wooly bass, while the Sunfire's bass was tight, deep and controlled. All the other components were the same. Apparently there is a poor synergy between the Anthem amp and the internal woofer amp in the Vantage.

I haven't auditioned the P2 or P5 though, so perhaps they work better than the MCA 20. I highly recommend you audition them with the Summits before buying them, and also have another decent amp on hand to compare them to, like the Sunfire.

I don't recommend the Anthem amps for use with Martin Logan's with powered woofers (Vantage, Summit, and now Spire). I auditioned the MCA 20 and compared it to a Sunfire driving the Vantages and was very disappointed with the Anthem's performance in the bass department. The Anthem produced loose, wooly bass, while the Sunfire's bass was tight, deep and controlled. All the other components were the same. Apparently there is a poor synergy between the Anthem amp and the internal woofer amp in the Vantage.

I haven't auditioned the P2 or P5 though, so perhaps they work better than the MCA 20. I highly recommend you audition them with the Summits before buying them, and also have another decent amp on hand to compare them to, like the Sunfire.

My Options :
Movie and Sacd & Dvd-audio room... Run Vistas as fronts, Motif as center, and 4 script i with a Depth i sub. The rear surrounds script i(7.1) would only be used for Blu ray and Hd DVd. Most of the time it would be the Vistas, Motif and 2 script i's and some sub. So would the Anthem Statement P5 with a P2 be a good choice since the it doubles up on the NAD M25. Audio is from Denon DVD-3930ci.

For the Summits in another room, 2 channel audio only what do youy all advise to power them with?

Thanks in Advance for your thoughts, Mike

My Options :
Movie and Sacd & Dvd-audio room... Run Vistas as fronts, Motif as center, and 4 script i with a Depth i sub. The rear surrounds script i(7.1) would only be used for Blu ray and Hd DVd. Most of the time it would be the Vistas, Motif and 2 script i's and some sub. So would the Anthem Statement P5 with a P2 be a good choice since the it doubles up on the NAD M25. Audio is from Denon DVD-3930ci.

Running the Vistas and the Script i/motif for your theater room, I expect the Anthem P5 & P2 would do a great job.

For the Summits in another room, 2 channel audio only what do youy all advise to power them with?

There are abundant choices and numerous threads on this forum discussing the different options. I suggest you peruse through some previous posts, use the search feature, and also look at the member's systems section to see what folks are using. Consider what your price range is, whether you prefer to buy new or used, whether you prefer tubes or solid state, what kind of sound you are looking for and what kind of preamp you will be using. When you have a better idea what you are looking for or have specific questions about particular choices, come back and ask. It will be easier to steer you in the right direction when you have a better understanding of your options.

Hi,
Oh how about anthem pre-amps anyone have feedback on them? Have a Nad t-175 right now but thinking about Anthem Statement D-2 or a D-1 or should I look at their their TLP series?

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome! I can't comment on Anthem amps, but have been using the D2 for a year now, powering the Karan 270 which drives a pair of Summits. Great combination.

If you visit http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=678260, you will find that Anthem D2 owners are rather fanatical (for want of a better word) about this preamp. What I will say is that if you are looking for a great preamp/processor, for its price, there are, if any, few that give better performance in both departments. Recently, Anthem made EQ software available to the unit as well, and some are saying it works better than Audyssey system. The main software is also regularly updated and available for download, further improving the unit's performance. And Anthem's technical support is second to none.

You probably know that the D1 is actually the D2 minus the video processing board, for those who have no use for this function.

Cheers!

Back