Need Amp' Ideas for ML CLS II Z & DL Parallels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mean Mr. Mustard

Reaction score
Seeking recommendations for an amp' to powe a pair of Martin Logan CLS II Z speakers which are run in parallel with Decca London speakers [3 per channel, resulting in very low impedences of 1 to 3 OHMS.
This will require a very high current amp that can remain stable at any impedence. The Decca London speakers are ribbons with high frequency crossover. Thanks for any ideas.

Sanders Sound System ESL Stereo or even better Mono amps are terrrific and designed especially for this type of application.

Plinius, Pass Labs, Threshold, Conrad Johnson, McIntosh, Luxman to name a few which would work well with the IIz's. Really depends on the sound you are looking for...Tubes, Solid State, Class A, etc. etc. The full range panel on the CLS models is a ho 'nother beast when looking at amps to drive them - properly.

Last edited:
Love thoses tubes

I to have clszII I use jolida mono block tube amps (200wtt/ch) tube power dollar for dollar the best sound I have heard and all I can say is wow !!!! great speaker needs the power to make them sing right! good luck:music:

MMM, two questions, 1. What amp are you currently using? You are using a full range speaker very capable of some very fine high frequency why are you using add on tweeters?

Back