My own audio nirvana...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
As my new amps, preamp and cables have been getting a lot of playtime, in order to reach their prime, I have noticed some subtle and some not so subtle changes in the sound. I think things have reached their ultimate expression now, as I experienced such a rewarding listening experience that I have to comment. It was shear perfection, as if the performers were in my room. I thought I have had this experience before, but not like this. Every sound from Holly Cole's mouth was so real, it was if it was the first time I have heard her sing the songs. Not in a replicated way, but in a live, just a few feet away from you way, with no microphone, just the voice and the instruments there, in front of you. The vocal inflections, the shaping of the notes and mouth, it was all precisely revealed, just as if I were watching her sing. The way the chords from the Aaron Davis' piano were still decaying, bathing me in harmony, even as the next notes emerge was like listening to a real piano. David Piltch's acoustic bass emerged effortlessly and completely through the Wilson WP8s, loading the entire listening room with all of its glorious deep richness of sound, seemingly going right through my body and chair. Incredible. Nothing was missing, not the slightest detail from any subtle percussion instrument, nor any harmonic overtone from Howard Levy's wonderful harmonica playing. During horn arrangements, it was so easy to pick out the various instruments, from the french horn and trombone to the trumpet and tenor sax. Every note just right, no piercing sounds, no non-musical sounds, just music. Anyway, I had to share, as I have never heard reproduced sound this good in my own listening room. There may be better speakers, amps, cables, etc., but I have no desire to change from what I am currently using. I have finally reached my own audio nirvana.

Pics to come when room is complete. I haven't yet ordered my SRA amp stands and just have some acoustic panels standing against the side walls. I have moved my audio racks to the right side, beyond the secondary reflection point. I have removed the front wall absorptive panels, so there is just a bare wall there now, except for the absorptive curtains.

That's wonderful, Steve. Congrats. Wish I could come right back out there and listen to it again now that you have it where you want it.

Outstanding Steve! I think it's somewhat rare that any of us get to the level of blissful satisfaction you describe. Congrats!!

Steve,

I am so happy for you.

Enjoy the music my friend. It is, after all, what this hobby is all about.

Gordon

Steve.....you doing LSD again ?? only kidding buddy, as everyone else has said, glad to 'hear' that you are satisified...........for now !

Glad to hear the Pass is such a good match with the WPs.

I'm sure you will have many days of the goofy euphoric grin that come with not believing how good your system sounds.

Looking forward to new pics.

Steve, Congrats on your Nirvana bliss! I know just how you feel as I too have achieved that level of listening enjoyment with my system. Life is good!

Very glad to know that Mr. Wilson's and Mr. Nelson's electronic angels are singing the heavenly melody in your music room.

Happy Listening my friend!

Time also for Mr. Martin's electronic angels to join in and sing along.

Last edited:
Back