Mounting Script i's - upside down or right side up?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adanny

Reaction score
Hi Folks

After nearly 2 decades of lusting starting in College, I finally bought Summits, Stage and Scripts. I am sure I will soon be posting the surreally beautiful experience of first listening to these beauties in my house - but thats for later.

I need some advice. i have read all the older threads on whether Scripts should be mounted upside down or right side up. But I could not distil how they sound different form someone who tried both the techniques? Have any of you tried it both ways and what were the pros and cons? I am guessing that mounting them upside down makes them very Bass heavy (which I dont like) but i wasnt sure

Would love the advice of the veterans
Thanks
Adanny

Adanny,

I'm no veteran, but I'll give you my .02
I think most script owners on this site mount them right side up.
Myself and a couple others mounted them upside down.

I expiermented both ways and at different heights, before deciding on upside down for aesthetics only. They don't have to be mounted so low to the ground to get the panel at ear level if mounted upside down.

From what I remember there wasn't a difference in the way they sounded, but I'm not what you would call a critical listener.

Check out some of the members systems who have scripts to get an idea.
Both Zaphod and Burke have 4 scripts, Zaphod mounts his upside down at an angle. Robin has her scripts hanging from her ceiling.

Perhaps a few more forum members will chime in with their thoughts

thansk WB

lovely setup in your man-cave, btw. I saw how you have installed your scripts. will experiment some more tomorrow

cheers
adanny

I had my scripts upside down for 2 years sounded great... I just turned them right side up after I built my seat risers... My thinking was to have the middle of the electrostat at the same level as the listener. seemed to work well for me

Just finished installing the rear scripts. Did it right side up. Was hard to experiment so just went with my gut. They sound great - ears are in the middle of the electrostat.

Interestingly, I played them as "main speakers" for a bit, and even mounted on the side, sort of facing each other (albeit at a 30 degree angle), the sound in the room was pretty amazing. not comparable to Summits but similar clarity and quite room filling

I have my Scripts installed per the manual and am very happy with them. This also places the panel at ear level where it should be.

Adanny,
Check out some of the members systems who have scripts to get an idea.
Both Zaphod and Burke have 4 scripts, Zaphod mounts his upside down at an angle. Robin has her scripts hanging from her ceiling.

Perhaps a few more forum members will chime in with their thoughts

yep, but i really had to rake the angle and beef up the level to get good surround from them. i look forward to a room that does not have the limitations that forced the current upside down config.

I mounted some on the ceiling as 7.1 channels but didn't use them that way as the room got done. They sounded fine though.

img_4221.jpg

Back