Motorcycle 'Joeyitis"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJRapp

Reaction score
I've been fighting off this bug since December when Tom got "Mary M" and took a trip through Napa and reported it to us. Seeing his V65 and remembering how good all that brute power felt made my Vulcan 900 seem awfully lame. I tried to resign myself to my fate but "MC Joeyitis" eventually got the best of me and I fell into a fever started to froth at the mouth and pulled out the check book when I saw... My Black Magic

Attachments

• 8 Ball for web.jpg
    8 Ball for web.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 241
  • ness.jpg
    ness.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 240
  • BARS.jpg
    BARS.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Nice ride. I like the Victory bikes. Here is a before and after picture of my bike that I built. Its a 1974 Honda 750K.

Attachments

• Original 74 750 small.JPG
    Original 74 750 small.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 236
  • Cursed's CB750 002 small.JPG
    Cursed's CB750 002 small.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 231
Hey Guys nice lookin' rides for sure !

Yes, I've got to give Polaris credit, they have done a nice job with their V-Twins.

Beautfull Resto / Conversion on the Honda 750 !

Hey Guys nice lookin' rides for sure !

Yes, I've got to give Polaris credit, they have done a nice job with their V-Twins.

Beautfull Resto / Conversion on the Honda 750 !

Not only does the Vic look good but it's mechanical quality is top notch.... Harley riders look away when I pull up...which I find strange.I used to get that from Vette drivers when they would pull alongside my Porsches. Arn't we all in this world together????

Last edited:
sweet! Love the look of that bike

I'm currently in weaverville ca with a bunch of other v4 enthusiasts and having a blast riding all over the trinity alps. AWESOME!

Nice ride. I like the Victory bikes. Here is a before and after picture of my bike that I built. Its a 1974 Honda 750K.

Your new bike is the coolest bike I have seen in a long time. Just curious if you were to sell it what would something like that cost? If you are uncomfortable saying so, I understand. But I think you may have put me in the market for an new "old" bike.

Thanks!

Did you see the guy about a year ago that was selling NOS Honda 750-4's for 30k? He had enough parts to make brand new ones and they were pretty sweet.

Another good spot for great vintage bikes is the big motorcycle auction in Vegas. It's in January right after Barrett Jackson and I believe about the same time as CES. They usually have about 1000 bikes there and provide shipping home from the auction.

Had a 750-4 back in 75, so thanks for the memories!!!

How hard are they to still get parts for, when you did your restoration?

Looks awesome!!

Jerry, again ..... sweet lookin' ride !

You mentioned owning a Vulcan 900, I'm also on the fence with regards to a two wheel purchase. it's been ten years since I last owned and I'm thinking of a mid size cruiser (900-1300cc) for daily errands, occasional ride / trip, etc. So what points, good and bad can you share about the Vulcan ?

After seeing pics of Wayne's (TheWB) very nice ride I have been really thinking about getting a Metric Cruiser.

FWIW, I test drove the Triumph Speedmaster last week, very nice.

I'm not in Victory's target market, but they did impress me with the paint. One bike I saw (no idea which model) was "Arlen Ness" something or other and the paint, really, looked like it was an inch deep. Incredible.

Cursed1, that CB750 is frikkin' sweet! I'm a sport bike and/or touring guy, but damn I love to see a bike that's built with some imagination and originality. Clean, custom, and purposeful.

Cursed1, that CB750 is frikkin' sweet! I'm a sport bike and/or touring guy, but damn I love to see a bike that's built with some imagination and originality. Clean, custom, and purposeful.

I agree. I LOVE the look of that bike - nostalgic and contemporary at the same time. Hard to believe the transformation between the before and after shots. Excellent execution of a great vision!

I got a baaaad case of motorcycle Joey-itus last Spring and I scooped up a bright red 2007 Yamaha R1. It replaced my 5 year old Ninja which served me well. The R1 certainly is not as "cool" as a tricked-out retro or custom jobbie, but it may well be one of the best handling bikes that I have ever ridden in my 20 years of motorcycling. It's missing some midrange oomph compared to other bikes in its' class, but she gets the job done if you don't mind working the gearbox a bit.

A shot of me and a buddy in the mountains:

Attachments

• img_1349 (Medium).jpg
    img_1349 (Medium).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 110
I got a baaaad case of motorcycle Joey-itus last Spring and I scooped up a bright red 2007 Yamaha R1. It replaced my 5 year old Ninja which served me well. The R1 certainly is not as "cool" as a tricked-out retro or custom jobbie, but it may well be one of the best handling bikes that I have ever ridden in my 20 years of motorcycling. It's missing some midrange oomph compared to other bikes in its' class, but she gets the job done if you don't mind working the gearbox a bit.

A shot of me and a buddy in the mountains:

Nice pic! Here's one of me, that I played around with. It was 36 degrees when I was riding my K12RS. I had a tankbag, so I had to sit up on the bike and use my toes for ground feelers. I was also stiff, due to 3 layers of clothing!

310682959_XudBU-M.jpg

I've been fighting off this bug since December when Tom got "Mary M" and took a trip through Napa and reported it to us. Seeing his V65 and remembering how good all that brute power felt made my Vulcan 900 seem awfully lame. I tried to resign myself to my fate but "MC Joeyitis" eventually got the best of me and I fell into a fever started to froth at the mouth and pulled out the check book when I saw... My Black Magic

Very nice! If I ever get another cruiser, Victory will be a top choice. My next door neighbor, who sold me my R6, was going to buy a Harley. I took him to the Victory dealer and he walked out an 8-Ball owner! Hard to argue with Victory's value and looks and performance!

Had some custom artwork done on the Black Magic and it got featured in a bike show/charity event last weekend. The Babe you see on it is one of the Dangerous Curves models that appear in the Budwiser ads.

Attachments

• DC-Girl-on-Vctory.jpg
    DC-Girl-on-Vctory.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back