ML selling via Amazon!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
1 1/2 years ago ML product did show up on the Costco web site abd ML made them pull it. I'm thinking once ML gets word of this ML will have Amazon pull it.

Last edited:
Thats a good deal. $1500 for the Purity's plus free super saver shipping and if your in the right state no sales tax.

That is the price for just one speaker (Have to read the fine print :rolleyes:). I edited my first post.

That is the price for just one speaker (Have to read the fine print :rolleyes:). I edited my first post.

Now I see it. I was looking threw the listing and didnt see anything, it's in the title "Single speaker".

The funny part is they only have one speaker in stock. lol

Last edited:
Now I see it. I was looking threw the listing and didnt see anything, it's in the title "Single speaker".

The funny part is they only have one speaker in stock. lol

I guess you could lay it on it's side for as a nice center channel.

Hmmm, getting back to Costco... in the April issue of SmartMoney, they interview CEO James Sinegal, and one of their questions was "What would you like to sell that you can't"? Along with cosmetics, he says"...we'd also like to offer the best high-end audio equipment and TV's". Perhaps we will see ML's at Costco again someday!

Too cool, now I can get it with free shipping and no tax with my Amazon Prime ;)

Don't underestimate the seductive power of the ML Designer series. All it took was the Montage speakers to get me hooked and I found those at Best Buy...

Most of the gear I have now I'd never heard of six months ago.

Satch

1 1/2 years ago ML product did show up on the Costco web site abd ML made them pull it. I'm thinking once ML gets word of this ML will have Amazon pull it.

I don't think ML will be asking Amazon to pull the products as Amazon is the only approved online dealer for ML! I read it on the ML website.

I called some time back and asked about this. I was told that Amazon was authorized to sell the two bottom line speakers.

Hmmm, getting back to Costco... in the April issue of SmartMoney, they interview CEO James Sinegal, and one of their questions was "What would you like to sell that you can't"? Along with cosmetics, he says"...we'd also like to offer the best high-end audio equipment and TV's". Perhaps we will see ML's at Costco again someday!

Yeah, but his idea of "high end" is probably Bose...

I dont get why Costco wouldnt sell ML's once in a while anyway. They sell things like $100,000 diamond earrings and stuff like this
http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11241338&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

That is what makes Costco what it is. Did someone from ML actually ever publicly say that the store was not allowed to sell the 10 pairs of Summits or whatever? High end items are really common there (it is not Walmart)

So big deal that ML sells at Amazon, or Best Buy - doing this probably has helped the company.

They did, ML made them stop. I assume they have some type of exclusive deal with Amazon. I don't care where they sell them, as long as they don't turn into some kind of mass produced made in china kinna thing.

ML has aproved amazon as the only online seller (for the non ESL line). i saw a vignette or two and i assumed a pair of purrity's for way below retail. i was shocked to see them at all online but thats another thread for another time.:music:

~greg

They did, ML made them stop. I assume they have some type of exclusive deal with Amazon. I don't care where they sell them, as long as they don't turn into some kind of mass produced made in china kinna thing.

Many of the ML parts are built in China. I think all of the Design Series are built in China. The only parts for this line that is built in the US are the panels. If I recall correctly the Vista and Vantage bass cabinets are built in China and then mated with the panel in the US.

Latest posts

Back