Looking for suggestions...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Useful-Idiot

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just bought a pair of ML Mosaic and now I'm looking to buy a new center speaker. I also would like to know how much effect(w) you think I need to power the mosaic.

I wonder if any of you could gimme some suggestions concerning a Center speaker that would make them justice.

I noticed a Vignette on audiogon that seemed nice, but the seller was only shipping to the US and I live in Sweden + I don't know what the shipping cost would be to Sweden.

Any way like I said I hope that you can gimme some advices on center speakers.

Thanks in advance.
-Andy

Last edited:
Welcome Andy....hell of a 'moniker' you have there !

Sorry I have no seat / ear time with the speakers you mention.

Welcome Andy....hell of a 'moniker' you have there !

Sorry I have no seat / ear time with the speakers you mention.

Thanks for the welcome.

Well the 'monkier' is actually a title of a song by the group Tool :rocker:

To bad you couldn't gimmie any advice but perhaps some one else can.

-Andy (well actually it should be Andreas but ppl called me Andy when I studied in the US)

I would recommend the Vignette, fresco, or fresco i for the speakers you currently have. I have Vignettes in the rear of my theater, and I think they are excellent speakers. If you plan on upgrading to a pair of Sources, Vistas, Vantages, Summits or any other ESL speaker, I would recommend the motif, theater i, stage, or the new powered center. It is good to have similar construction with the front and center speakers.

I would recommend the Vignette, fresco, or fresco i for the speakers you currently have. I have Vignettes in the rear of my theater, and I think they are excellent speakers. If you plan on upgrading to a pair of Sources, Vistas, Vantages, Summits or any other ESL speaker, I would recommend the motif, theater i, stage, or the new powered center. It is good to have similar construction with the front and center speakers.

Thanks for the reply Tsmooth.

-Andreas

FWIW, I do have 'seat-time' with the Fresco, using it in my sytem to complete satisfaction as a center channel. While I'm primarily a two-channel guy, I would think it would quite well in your set-up.

I don't recommend purchasing a U.S. model Martin Logan to use in Sweden. The voltage and hertz will not be compatible and most voltage converters will not convert the frequency. Besides the shipping and risk of damage may not be worth the savings, if any.

If it's the Vignette or Fresco, no problem, they don't have to be pugged in.

I'm using a Vignette for my Center and am completely satisfied with it. Voices are clear and distinctive and action panning along the front with my Clarity's is quite nice. They seem to blend well.

Thanks for allt the replies guy.

Does anyone of you have any experience with the ATF tweeter cause as it turns out it's something wrong with the tweeter in one of the speakers. The level is alot lower and if you play a test signal the pitch kinda "dies"(hard to explain in english) :sad: so I'm trying to sort that out atm.

-Andreas

Last edited:
Back