Jumping speaker posts on summits

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discocarp

Reaction score
ML suggests not biwiring. They say the extra posts on the summits (and vantages) are for convenience if you already have biwire cables. They suggest if you are buying from scratch to use the money for better quality cables rather than biwire cables.

So, I'm leaning towards audioquest pike's peak for the summits. My question is what about the jumpers between the 2 terminals? ML says that the included jumpers are made to be replaced, ie: Crappy. They suggest running a short length of the same speaker wire between the terminals. Well, I'm not about to rip apart a pike's peak cable.

Suggestions?

PS: Here's the full cabling I'm planning (all audioquest): squeezebox--(optilink-5)-->Lavry DA10--(colorado balanced)-->Krell kav 280p--(colorado balanced)-->kav 3250--(pikes peak)-->summits

ML suggests not biwiring. They say the extra posts on the summits (and vantages) are for convenience if you already have biwire cables. They suggest if you are buying from scratch to use the money for better quality cables rather than biwire cables.

So, I'm leaning towards audioquest pike's peak for the summits. My question is what about the jumpers between the 2 terminals? ML says that the included jumpers are made to be replaced, ie: Crappy. They suggest running a short length of the same speaker wire between the terminals. Well, I'm not about to rip apart a pike's peak cable.

Suggestions?

PS: Here's the full cabling I'm planning (all audioquest): squeezebox--(optilink-5)-->Lavry DA10--(colorado balanced)-->Krell kav 280p--(colorado balanced)-->kav 3250--(pikes peak)-->summits

discocarp-

you answered your own question....just bi-wire them. In my opinion you are better to bi-wire then to have a "jumper". That's what I do.

If I biwire the cables won't be nearly as good as the pike's peak. I'll have essentially the same budget to spend on twice as many wires. Since ML says that the upgraded wire is more important than the biwire, I was going to go with the pikes.

Considering the jumpers only need to be a few inches and would be going to the lower frequency range you could probably get away with almost anything. I would look on ebay under jumpers and see if you could find some kimber or nordost jumpers. Or maybe you could have the pikes peak people make you a set.

Don't bi-wire. It's a waste of money. I use AQ Mont Blanc single wired. AQ sells a set of silver jumpers to replace the straps that ML and others use. I use those and they sound fine. Single wired AQ sounded much better to me than bi-wired Transparent Music Wave Plus.

Thanks aerius007. I didn't even think about looking at what audioquest offered in this regard (probably because the stuff isn't on the normal price list I looked at).

I'll have to look into what audioquest offers. I saw on audiogon they have a kilimanjaro jumper (6" banana to banana), so they'll probably have a pikes peak version as well.

Don't bi-wire. It's a waste of money. I use AQ Mont Blanc single wired. AQ sells a set of silver jumpers to replace the straps that ML and others use. I use those and they sound fine. Single wired AQ sounded much better to me than bi-wired Transparent Music Wave Plus.

That's what I was thinking as well, and what ML suggests. I'll look into the silver jumper too.

Sorry, it is on the dealer forums. The jumpers are made with the assumption that nobody will use them when wiring the speakers. I think this is probably pretty accurate. I definitely would want to use my own wires for the speakers.

Supplied jumpers are garbage by design

As most of you know, which has been reinforced on this thread, what ML supplies are meant to be replaced. I have the Analysis Plus jumpers, which I purchased through Audio Advisors. However, and as others have stated, there are many options.

GG

Sorry, it is on the dealer forums. The jumpers are made with the assumption that nobody will use them when wiring the speakers. I think this is probably pretty accurate. I definitely would want to use my own wires for the speakers.

Disco, while I agree, Munster is also acurate in saying that it's a shame a 10k speaker dosen't come with a better pair of jumpers, for that matter so should my 5k Vantage's have better !

FWIW, someone recently made a nice pair of jumpers for his Summitt's on the forum, check the DIY threads

Good Luck !

I wasn't disagreeing that they SHOULD come with better jumpers. :)

Back