import from US to europe 220v ?????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyaa

Reaction score
Hallo, im thinking of getting a pair of logans, the purity or maybe vistas, is there anyway to get around the voltage problem, since we use 220/50 voltage here in sweden.

I have heard that a simple voltage converter wont work since it is 50hz and not 60hz like the US, does anyone know anything about this.

And what about the matinee that has external power supply as far as i can understand.

Does anyone have any info on this subject.

Help is appreciated.

Tommy Axen

Tommy,

you'll need to change the power supply board but you'll be allowed to do so only after you own the speaker for few months (6 months I believe).
This policy is implemented to protect the international distributors.

Tommy,

you'll need to change the power supply board but you'll be allowed to do so only after you own the speaker for few months (6 months I believe).
This policy is implemented to protect the international distributors.

but where can i get this board???
the purity costs almost 6000 usd here in sweden.

and with the dollar exchange rate today..... alot to save in the US

Tommy

but where can i get this board???
the purity costs almost 6000 usd here in sweden.

and with the dollar exchange rate today..... alot to save in the US

Tommy

You'll need to order one to an official ML retailer. But the distributor for Sweden will not allow you to get it according to the policy I told you in my previous message.
If you're ready to wait for months, you may want to go further this route.

Tommy,
Contact a guy at Martin Logan in the US called Jim Power and tell him you've just been given a pair of Martin Logan Vistas or what ever model they are as a gift from your cousin from whatever country you imported them from and you require the relevant power supply circuit boards to get them to work in your country and Jim will sell them to you now. You don't have to wait 6 months. I bought a new pair of U.K. power supply boards from him a year ago for my CLS IIz's. It cost me approx $200 for a pair. Don't bother asking your nearest Martin Logan dealer if they will sell you power supply boards for these speakers. They usually don't want to help you in this area or may not even know much about it. If they agree to sell you power supply boards it will most likely be for a highly exorbitant sum of money, probably because they don't like people importing Logans from another country as this upsets their business. Shipping these power supplies from Martin Logan in the US should cost no more than $50 as they are only small items (they are basically a simple circuit board of around 3 inches wide and 7 inches long).

Last edited:
Tommy,
Contact a guy at Martin Logan in the US called Jim Power and tell him you've just been given a pair of Martin Logan Vistas or what ever model they are as a gift from your cousin from whatever country you imported them from and you require the relevant power supply circuit boards to get them to work in your country and Jim will sell them to you now. You don't have to wait 6 months. I bought a new pair of U.K. power supply boards from him a year ago for my CLS IIz's. It cost me approx $200 for a pair. Don't bother asking your nearest Martin Logan dealer if they will sell you power supply boards for these speakers. They usually don't want to help you in this area or may not even know much about it. If they agree to sell you power supply boards it will most likely be for a highly exorbitant sum of money, probably because they don't like people importing Logans from another country as this upsets their business. Shipping these power supplies from Martin Logan in the US should cost no more than $50 as they are only small items (they are basically a simple circuit board of around 3 inches wide and 7 inches long).

hallo Dan, actually i am in contact with him already asked about the power board, and he said that they had to be 6 months atleast before they would consider it. maybe i asked the wrong way, i asked like i was going from US to sweden with my speakers.

Tommy Axen

Latest posts

Back