I'm Vexed..., I'm Incredibly Vexed...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Marantz SA-7S1 and McIntosh MC275 Mk IV Combination ~ Could Work... Right???

:) I was thinking, I may have just figured out something, Please tell me what you think....

Could a Marantz SA-7S1 CD/SACD player connected directly with a McIntosh MC275 Mk IV, technically work, without a peramp? If I ran unbalanced cables connecting the two together?
I was reading the owners manuals for both of these pieces of electronics. I found that the Marantz SA-7S1 produces 2.5 V RMS for unbalanced output. While the McIntosh MC275 Mk IV's unbalanced input sensitivity is rated at 1.2 V RMS.

The McIntosh MC275 Mk IV has volume controls for unbalanced only. The volume level adjustment controls knobs are located on the amplifier, for both stereo and mono for unbalanced only adjustments. This means that I could use unbalanced, short run, low resistance high quality cable (1 meter cable) directly from the Marantz SA-7S1 to the McIntosh MC275 Mk IV and control the volume from the amplifier, correct? :confused:

I think this could work.... What do you guys think? Could this combination work without a preamp? :confused:

It is times like this, I wish I was an audio science person, who just knew this kinda stuff... :eek:

I'm vexed again, Please help...

Latest posts

Back