Hook 'em

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG

Reaction score
Live in Austin, Didn't go to UT, but if you live in Austin you know they dominate local sports. Hope for a good game from Colt... Hook 'em

McCoy

McCoy has to not lead with his shoulder! It very well could be over. At least it is not the A$$ Whooping that Nebraska put on my UofA Wildcats.

Crimson Tide

It's a good game. We need 'Bama by 4, and it looks like they're gonna do it.:D

I'm happy Bama rolled, but based on the way Texas' defense played, if McCoy played they most likely would have won in a close one.

ROLL TIDE! Sorry about Colt, though. He must be one of the unluckiest great quarterbacks to ever play the game.

But don't think that Texas would have rolled over Alabama had he remained healthy for the entire game. His injury changed our game plan almost as much as it changed theirs. But I must say, I am glad that the freshman got his feet under him and made it a challenging game toward the end. In the third quarter, things were looking pretty boring. But what an exciting fourth quarter!

I live in Austin but I've been in Italy the last few days so I missed it. I got a text at 6am with the score. Sounds like it was a good game, I'll watch when I get home Saturday.

Very unfortunate when any player is injured, especially such a key player in a game of this significance. As a more or less neutral observer -- just looking for a great game between two terrific teams -- I would certainly have preferred if it McCoy had not been injured. At least it was a legit hit and not a dirty play.

As an OU fan, I can certainly identify with the disappointment of the Texas folks, as this is similar to losing Sam Bradford in the First Quarter of the OU-Texas game this past year.

Sad for Texas fans, Happy for the 'Bama folks.

Both will be very strong next year, as will Boise State. Perhaps two of these three teams will play in the BCS Championship Game next year...

Last edited:
Don't have a dog in this fight, but after seeing Boise State again, I can honestly say they are the best team in College Football.

After watching all the bowls it was not even close, although if McCoy doesn't get knocked out then most likely Bama doesn't get 5 turnovers, like they did from the freshman, that would certainly change the outcome, but Bama would never admit it.

But seriously these were suppose to be the two best teams in the nation at least that is what the media fed the public. The two best teams, not even close right, sorry they really weren't the best that I saw. Coaching errors, player errors as many an analyst called it ugly.

I don't think the two best teams are suppose to have that many errors or play ugly, but hey it was the very first game I saw this year where the replay official got it right, that was amazing and almost makes college football worth watching.

Don't have a dog in this fight, but after seeing Boise State again, I can honestly say they are the best team in College Football.

I love watching Boise State play on the smurf turf, but I cannot agree that they are the the best team in the nation. They could not post the record they do if they had to play SEC or Big 10 teams each and every week. Their trick plays are a lot of fun to watch, but there are only so many times you can use them to win the close ones. The fact that they struggled against a TCU, (ranked 6th?)proves that they are very good team, but not the best team. IMHO they would not have beat Iowa, Texas, FLorida or Alabama this year.

I have to agree with MDSPHOTO, if you look at the strength of the schedules of TCU and Boise State, I don't see how either of them could be ranked in the top ten. There are far better teams than them that are ranked lower because they have two or more losses, but their losses are against much stronger teams than those other two ever play.

I honestly think that it is hard to pick a number one team between FL, TX, and AL. On any given day, any one of those three could beat either of the other two. But the fact that AL actually did beat both of them, back to back in championship games, says an awful lot about the strength of our team.

But I just don't see how anyone can put Boise State or TCU up there in that kind of company with a straight face.

isnt it all a moot point without a real playoff system?

i simply cant grasp how our academia sponsored sports conduct such a moronic system to decide a "national" champion?

/shakes head

isnt it all a moot point without a real playoff system?

i simply cant grasp how our academia sponsored sports conduct such a moronic system to decide a "national" champion?

/shakes head

I totally agree with you, but the FBS schools say it would be too difficult to develop a fair playoff system. I played division III football and we had no trouble developing a playoff system that continues to fairly decide a national champ. The real issue is that it is all about the Benjamins! With the current bowl system there is too much money going to the individual conferences for them to accept one single playoff system.

The real issue is that it is all about the Benjamins!

You nailed it

boy that second half was amazing... give Alabama credit... they played well and stepped up when it mattered most.

but why oh why would you try a shuffle pass under 30 seconds to go on your own half of the field... :mad:

but why oh why would you try a shuffle pass under 30 seconds to go on your own half of the field... :mad:

Especially with a freshman quarterback who hasn't taken many snaps during the regular season! I was totally flabbergasted by that call as well. Of course, if it had turned into a Texas touchdown, we would all be praising the call. Such is the life of a football coach.

Honestly, I was surprised to see that Brown makes more money than Saban (who makes a crazy amount of money). But then again, both teams were playing in the Nat'l Championship game, so I guess they're both worth every penny of it.

Latest posts

Back