HELP: Summit X--problem with start up POWER??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I rearranged my system (which had been functioning propoerly) in my room, re-set up the system, and ran into a problem similar to what occurred when I originally set the system up. The first time (original set up) I did a trial and error method until it was fixed but I do not know exactly what fixed it. It appeared to be fixed when I split the the electroics onto two sepreate outlets. That did not work this time but helped (improved sound somewhat).

Currently, the speakers seem to be under powered, although in a system that does not have amplified power issues. It has a signal but plays "quietly" (25% typical) and with poor quality. It seems like a problem with the power supply or at the outlet. I believe it is a set up issue since everything was just working fine. Any one have a similar issues?

Any help would be appreciated.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Not the MLs

I tried a pair of Paradigm S4s with the same sytem/setup, and they did the same thing that the MLs were doing. Any ideas?

Does the ML logo light up when you plug the speakers into the wall outlet? It almost sounds like you have an intermittent power supply problem.

MLs are OK

I switched speakers and sources so far, and I narrowed it to the preamp, amps or other power issue.

My power went off last night due to a storm, but I use a Belkin surge protector/conditioner which seems okay. Maybe this is a result of the power failure?

Latest posts

Back