Help Needed

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flykmair

Reaction score
Here is the scoop. I need help deciding what to do now, since my addiction to all things Martin Logan struck again this weekend. I just bought a pair of Aeon I for the extremely low unheard of price, production date 8-04. You wouldn't believe what i paid for them. Anyway here is what i am looking for from you kind people. I have the need for two room of ML set ups. Room one would be my all purpose room for movies, concerts, music and HT via dtv and computer. Room two would be my music only 2 channel room. So I am asking you how I should pair off my speakers?

Fronts I have:
Vista's
Aeon I

Center
Motif

rear
Script I

Sub
Depth i

So what pair of fronts should I used for my home entertainment room and what fronts should I use for 2 channel room?

I currently will be using my Jolida JD-1000RC tube for the 2 channel, actually hooked up to my Vistas right now and love it. Lets put it this way, i have yet to plug back in my HT amp and pre-amp. LOL I just love Tube amps!!! Now can some kind soul lend me another 20k to feed my tube amp addiction? ;)

Please let me know should I use the Vistas for 2 channel or Aeon I? I was thinking put the Aeon with the script i and motif and depth i for HT room and music room and use Vistas alone with tube amp for my music.

Thanks again Mike

Update: Anyone looking for Aeon I , I just found another set below what I paid. I paid 750 and was happy! But then again mine came with 2 12 ft length bi-wire speaker wire cables and a transferable 5 year warranty.
$600 is even better>>> Take a look... http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/ele/721204839.html

Update: received my Aeon I yesterday at 9:00am. I took this photo after placing them in the room and powered them up after cleaning the panels. Love em, perfect for that area and still will use my infinitys ats for movies. I picked these up for 2 channel music and looking for another tube amp to power these. The H/k avr325 with 35 High Current amps does a stellar job playing them. Just thought I would show you they arrived in one piece, thanks to my friend. the set i listed that was for sale on craigslist is now gone. I have to get that tube amp fast I am already tired of switching plugs to play movies, price we pay for getting older, easier just to put another amp then it is to reach behing and swap out banana plugs... lol :rolleyes:

Attachments

• AeonIMLfrontroom1.jpg
    AeonIMLfrontroom1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I think either way will work great, but technically the Vistas will match better with the motif and script i's because they all have the newer generation stat panels.

You can set it up either way and it will sound fine but I believe it is going to depend upon your priorities. Do you favor 2 channel over home theater? I never heard the Vistas but I suspect it would be the better speaker over the Aeon i and therfore you should put the Vistas in the system you consider sound quality to be most important. If it were me I would use the Vistas in the 2 channel system since that is what I prefer. I use my HT system a lot but sound quality is more critical to me in a 2 channel system.

I own a pair of Aeon i's and they do very well in a 2 channel setup but you can expect a narrow sweet spot compared to the larger MLs. The bass from the Aeons will surprise you when setup with the right equipment and room acoustics. The bass isn't deep but usually very tight and articulate as long as the room supports good bass and they're fed with plenty of power.

What is nice about having an extra set of main speakers is that you can change them out to find your optimum and preferred setup. I have more than enough for one system and as a result I'm often changing the configuration. It's not a bad situation to be in.

By the way, I'm curious...so what price were you able to steal the Aeon I's?

Back