help a potential new Martin Logan owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How have you guys inproved the WAF? I need to convince her that these clarity's will look good in our living room. She doesn't get why I want this stuff and has really only been ok with the omnisat rears I already bought, because she thinks they are cute.

It is all a matter of taste, and there is no accounting for it. Some like the look some hate it... I LOVE it! Wife does not really care one way or another, but she knows they look unique and sound GREAT so she does not complain. She does think they are bit on the HUGE side though...Prodigy, Ascent, Theater, Descent, Script all in the same room...she is probably right, that is a bit overwhelming! While she is a pretty simple girl with simple likes she also does have a little champagne side to her (I guess we all do) and when something cool and expensive is in the house she knows it and loves it when people ask about it, but she would probably never admit to that... :D

How have you guys inproved the WAF? I need to convince her that these clarity's will look good in our living room. She doesn't get why I want this stuff and has really only been ok with the omnisat rears I already bought, because she thinks they are cute.

I need to demo these with her and hope I can convert her to ML speakers!

Take her to the demo and let her hear the differences and actually see the speakers in person. Looking at pictures on a website does not do them justice.

When my wife's family saw my SL3s for the first time, they said that they were "a work of art".

The clarities really are gorgeous IMO. My wife agrees. We like modern furnishings though. Its all a matter of taste. I do agree that you should get her to look at them in person, they look better than the pics.

Get her to listen to them as well. Bring **HER** favorite CD when you do a demo!

Given your preferences, I would suggest going with 5 Frescos and a good sub. That will ensure a perfect match for movies and 5.1 game playing, while also satisfying the WAF. The deal that Joey mentioned sounds pretty compelling.

As for the Claritys, I have a pair and love them...but I use them primarily for music. I auditioned the fresco as a center, and decided I didn't like the way it matched the mains (although many hear use Fresco as a center with panels and are very happy with the combo). I used them in phantom mode for movies, until I could swing the money for a Cinema center channel recently.

The look is definately unique, and I have gotten many compliments on the speakers in the living room. They match very well with the Danish contemporary furniture in the room. My wife thought they looked nice, but hearing her favorite music on them sealed the deal.

If you're trying to get the wife to accept the Clarity, you gotta show her the real deal. Point out to her that it's transparent and it will get out of the way of being over-bearing in a family room setting (which is sooo true! I cant imagine having speakers the size of BW802D in my room when the Summits are so svelte and see-through!).

Also, keep in mind the Fresco deal I talked about, that's a good deal.

YOU! BE GONE WITH YOUR MAD RAVINGS!

AHHH!!!! :eek:

Joey, Joey. Sooner or later some other "kid" is going to come along. Learn to deal with it in a positve way and not feel threatened. You may have gotten this guy by a year, but like I said, sooner or later...

JUST SCREWING WITH YOU!:D !

HAH! :D I know it's going to happen...... that's the circle of life, audiophiles are getting younger and younger, which is a good thing, actually.... ;) .

I take it Joey is the youngest guy on here.

Nope, we got a few younger guys here. I think I'm the loony one though... I try to spice things up in the forum.

I'm 30 and have been a Martin Logan fan since I was 22.

Owned Aerius when I was ... 24? 25?

How old are the rest of you snots?

I'm 30 and have been a Martin Logan fan since I was 22.

Owned Aerius when I was ... 24? 25?

How old are the rest of you snots?

I got my Summits when I was 23... Mosaics when I was 22 and Vantages when I was 23. Now 24. Was a Martin Logan fan since I was 19 when I first saw the Clarity and I told myself that the Clarity was my end all/be all dream speaker for me. I didn't like the look of the Logans beyond the Clarity and that played a big role in me not really going for the MLs. After I found out that the new Xstat ESLs were being released, I jumped on board! :)

Last edited:
I got my Summits when I was 23... Mosaics when I was 22 and Vantages when I was 23. Now 24.

Hi Joey_V you're quite young but you have a lots of knowlege about audio, it seems to grow with you. from the mosaics, Vantages to Summits. if not now 24, then by the time you get to my age and still single you problemly will have Statement system.

Oh Eventhough i look 20, but i'm 36.

I look old but I'm 53

Holy Cra* Joey V I have boots older than you.

Imagine what MLs you will be listening to in 20 years.

Damn, that's funny! My boots are not quite that old...just approaching drinking age...I guess I managed to sneak them into the bars up until now!

Another year or two and they'll be completely broken in.

I fell in love with Martin Logan speakers when I first heard them at about age 40, I was able to get a pair of Ascents (along with a Theater and a Descent) when I was 55, and I just turned 60. :eek:

I fell in love with Martin Logan speakers when I first heard them at about age 40, I was able to get a pair of Ascents (along with a Theater and a Descent) when I was 55, and I just turned 60. :eek:

For some reason Ken, I thought you were 30ish!! :eek:

Either way, dont they say 60 is the new 40?

Joey :)

I just got a new receiver. I bought a pioneer elite VSX-81TXV. I only have it hooked up to my two omnisat's, but it sounds good anyways.

Now I just have to buy more speakers.

I just got a new receiver. I bought a pioneer elite VSX-81TXV. I only have it hooked up to my two omnisat's, but it sounds good anyways.

Now I just have to buy more speakers.

Let us know what you decide to get... good luck with the WAF!

about the age: technically purchased them a month before i turned 22 (so this recent january)...im pretty sure i have seen younger...but its kinda cool knowing im among the youngest:cool:...anyway back to the point of the thread (i think).

im pulling for ya on an ESL panel ML...personally i think the clarities are the worst looking of the ESL's...but are still a great speaker....that being said...perhaps your wife will see the vistas and like those (both sonically and appearence) :rolleyes:...or maybe thats just too much wishful thinking?

either way...any ML spkr will be great (and to add to the over usage of this phrase), as long as ur happy with them...i even like the ML in walls...and i am not a big fan of in-walls...but thats another story all together...

im pulling for ya!!! (go clarity!...vista?)

~greg

Back