hello! :)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUB SRT

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but have own MLs for little over a year. I'm looking for getting a little more out of my system. Thinking actually about getting rid of my flrs and center and start over.... anyways, this is what I have...

Speakers
Montage
Fresco I
Vignette for the rears
Dynamo 8" downward firing

Tv:
Samsung 46" lcd a550

Reciever:
Harmon/ kardon 254

Panamax 5300

Cables and clips are all monster or audioquest.

UPDATE 5-7-2011

Made a few changes since I first posted up my system.

Sold my montage floors and got Sources. Also got a new TV. Samsung 51" D550 Plasma. Also got a new receiver. Pioneer elite VSX-33.

2011-05-07_14-42-06_392.jpg

2011-05-07_14-42-48_743.jpg

Last edited:
welcome Hub, good luck with your sale.

Thanks. HT takes a back seat to my other expensive a habit. Lol. My car. But really got to start back up with it.

I was thinking about picking up some ML sources. But I got to listen to the new CM9 by bowers and wilkins. It had amazing sound. So now I don't know.

Last edited:
I'm looking for getting a little more out of my system. And think a new reciever is needed.

Agreed, have you considered going for a multichannel power amp instead. It won't "expire" after every 2 years like AVRs do. You can continue using your HK as a control center provided it has analog preamp outputs for all channels.

Agreed, have you considered going for a multichannel power amp instead. It won't "expire" after every 2 years like AVRs do. You can continue using your HK as a control center provided it has analog preamp outputs for all channels.

I don't know if that would work with my 254 or not. I choose the 254 cause didn't need all the bells and whistles of a high end receiver. I knew i wanted pass through (HDMI) and high current, but thats it. I'm still learning about audio and HT. I don't know the gains or benifits of a multichannel power amp. This was one of many reason why I join the forum, to gain more knowledge.

Would best buy/ Mag. Carry a multichannel power amp?

I have a 254 along with a B&K five channel amp in my HT. I've had the amp for over 13 years, can't count the AVR's that have been through here! An amp is a good foundation for a HT system.

Gordon

I have a 254 along with a B&K five channel amp in my HT. I've had the amp for over 13 years, can't count the AVR's that have been through here! An amp is a good foundation for a HT system.

Gordon

Thats a a bit out of my price rang right now... My boss is getting a new recevier so may sell me his... If there is a amp (bby/mag) i can hook up for at least just my floor and maybe center i would... I refuse to pay full retail for anything anymore. :ROFL:

Even though I've been recently banned from the site, look into the budget friendly Emotiva line. I've heard the XPA5 and it was a nice amp for a HT system.

Gordon

Even though I've been recently banned from the site, look into the budget friendly Emotiva line. I've heard the XPA5 and it was a nice amp for a HT system.

Gordon

Def seems afordable, to bad it's not offered at bby/ mag though:(

Can I ask what is the fixation with BB? There are alot of pieces available for reasonable prices outside of the big boxes. Your only going to get mass produced stuff there, certainly not an amplifier worthy of your speakers.

Gordon

Can I ask what is the fixation with BB? There are alot of pieces available for reasonable prices outside of the big boxes. Your only going to get mass produced stuff there, certainly not an amplifier worthy of your speakers.

Gordon

I like buying stuff there cause i don't have to pay full retail price, but have not problem buying outside bby. Got all my MLs from bby.

How in the world did you get banned form the Emotiva site, Gordan?

How in the world did you get banned form the Emotiva site, Gordan?

PM sent Jim. Don't want air too much dirty laundry since they are a sponsor here. The moderation here is much more open is all I'll say in public.

Gordon

Well got new floor speakers and VERY happy with them. Was debating to go with the new ESL motion series, but couldn't pass up the deal on these gorgeous speakers :) ... I wanted to know if anyone has any tricks or tips for them. Different power cords or anything like that.

2011-05-07_14-42-06_392.jpg

Recently, I have also moved from the basement (carpet floors), to upstairs (wooden floors). The sub was turned way down and was still bouncing across my floor... So got a pcs of carpet from work and seemed to have done the trick.

2011-05-07_14-42-31_274.jpg

Last edited:
Hub, congrats on the new speaks! You do realize that the ESL affliction is terminal?:D Next your going to be looking into some used Vantage or Spires!!

By the way, do you frequent CP? I'm hawkeye there and enjoy both of these sites. Also, try pulling them out an inch at a time to find the ideal spot. YOu might also try tilting them up from the back, getting the panels close to vertical.

Good luck and enjoy!!

Gordon

P.S. IF you can, try to remove as much stuff as you can from between the speaks. That dresser is a big problem and should be relocated if at all possible.

Last edited:
Agreed. Ditch the dresser. It really screws things up.

Consider it a free $1,000 upgrade.

GG

What do you mean the ESL are terminal? Take it easy on me, still learning. lol.

I'm stuck with the current setup due I used to have apartment and moved back in with family to help save for college. I have to tilt the sources up because my listening area is my bed (which sits REALLY high up). I know its not the best environment for listening, but is better than nothing at all... I used to mount my tv on the walll and had a small furniture pcs between my floors. Are you recommending that nothing be between the two floors? Or is this only apply if your crammed into a small room like myself (11 x 11)?

Back