hello from australia

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slr5000

Reaction score
hi all
my name is sheafer and i live in aus
my hobbies are old muscle cars ,fishing and diy audio gear
ive just won a set of mint ml quest on fleabay from a deceased estate and stumbled across this site whilst trying to reaserch them
i have not heard any esl before and am currently using a set of diy ob wth manger transducers but im looking forward to picking up the ml,s this weekend
i look forward to chatting with you all

Welcome Sheafer,

Congrats on getting the Quest speakers. I think you'll have a blast tinkering with various electronics as ESL's are very revealing. Might even change the way you listen to music, they have for me. :D

Satch

Hi and Welcome. Where in Australia are you? I'm on the Gold Coast. You'll certainly learn a lot from this website. Enjoy.

hi all
im in melbourne and will be picking up the quest this weekend

i have not heard any esl speakers yet so im not sure what to expect
anyway i look forward to chatting to you all

regards sheafer

hi all
im in melbourne and will be picking up the quest this weekend

i have not heard any esl speakers yet so im not sure what to expect
anyway i look forward to chatting to you all

regards sheafer

Well you're in for a treat - as long as you've got appropriate amplification. The Quests were a great model, but their amplifier requirements are a bit on the heavy side.

You may need to budget in new panels as well - the Quests are very old now and if the panels have not been replaced since new then you'll most likely benefit from installing new ones. Check the serial number against the serial number decoder on this website to determine manufacture date.

Back