Getting into trouble?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gliding Dutchman

Reaction score
Hello for a (very) warm South Africa!

I am the original Gliding Dutchman - vinyl enthusiast and audio tinkerer.

Having got the opertunity to get my hands on a set of CLS (mkI) speakers I am carefully probing the net to see in what heap of trouble I am getting myself into.

The set are at the moment a "work in progress" as the current owner started refurbing them. He ordered new panels from the States but unfortunately and with a shock the owner of the ML agent in South Africa passed away due to cancer. The company's future hangs in the balance with no idea what's going to happen.

So this is where I came in. I think I can manage to repair the one (faulty) panel myself. Apparently the only problem is that it cuts out from time to time. The other panel is okay.

Any toughts?

GD

Welcome Duchman

Can you tell if it is an actual panel problem or related electronics?

Is one or more of the wires to the panel loose?

More information might help the more experinced people here on the forum with suggestions.

Also try contacting Jim Powers at ML. They are always willing to help with problems. Often solving them on the spot.

Welcome Duchman

Can you tell if it is an actual panel problem or related electronics?

Is one or more of the wires to the panel loose?

More information might help the more experinced people here on the forum with suggestions.

Also try contacting Jim Powers at ML. They are always willing to help with problems. Often solving them on the spot.

Hi Brad

I dont have the panels yet... They have to be brought up from the city to my hometown.

GD

So this is where I came in. I think I can manage to repair the one (faulty) panel myself. Apparently the only problem is that it cuts out from time to time. The other panel is okay.

Any thoughts?

GD

Hi,
One thing I would do is to swap the panels left for right without moving the electronics, and see if the problem follows the electronics, or the panel. That will tell you where the problem lies, and whether you need to fix the electronics, or the panel(s).

HTH,
Peter

Back