ML's With Audio Prism Ground Control

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also "clean" everything on a three month basis and my room is pretty darn clean of airborne contaminants.

Assuming your system is of sufficient transparency and you want to hear it at optimum, I would recommend this quarterly cleaning to all.

GG

Okay, the Ground Control RCAs came today and I put them on the Gotham, the McCormack MAP-1. the SimAudio Moon Orbiter and started with Beatles Love and then went to Depeche Mode. Whatever this tweak is I like it. There is a noticeable air around all the different instruments and voices.

I am not very happy though as I like it enough to put them on my other Logans and that is going to be a rather expensive proposition. Right now I am looking at getting 17 more Ground Controls just for speakers and then I will probably go for 8 more RCA Ground Controls for components.

Fortunately I like tweaks and this is a good one, probably to good. I am guessing that the inventor doesn't want to tell everything or there would be a lot of DIYers trying to replicate it. Anyway, as others that have tried GC have said, you can hear the difference right away and the effect is pretty amazing, that is unless you expereince something different from the ones that have actually tried GC.:D

Last edited:
Good lord. How many is that in total?

Some cautions:

Do note that you can put too many on a piece of equipment. Two per piece of electronics, for the RCA is about enough. Having too many hurts nothing but you may actually get a channel to drop out until you remove one.

Also, do not put an RCA GC onto a digital ground connected AES/EBU/SPDIF RCA female connector, ever. The clock looses sync and it will take a reboot to reset it.

There is actually a diy thread where almost all is revealed and many folks have made their own. It is a PITA to do correctly though.

Bud

That would be 35 total, but who's counting?

You see what happens when you enable a Martin Logan addict.

I find the Caig pro gold makes a better conductor of the electrical signal, it's that simple. I am very meticulous about my room and
system.www.caig.com After the initial 1st cleaning with the Caig , it is just for conductivity after that.It adds to a better musical experience, just as the topic of this forum does.

Good Grief!!! I clicked the link, but with so many different Deoxit Gold flavors in the product mix, which one to choose? I am referring to Deoxit G Series, Deoxit Gold Gxl, Deoxit Gold Gx2...

Sometimes I wonder if a company starts with an original whiz-bang product, then loses their way with stratification that ends up being, well, silly.

AudioPrism Ground Control

Where is the TONEPUB…attending the flat world Engineer society Convention?

Agreed Gordon. Shows very little class or respect.

As the old saying goes, you have one chance to make a first impression.

Who is this nut anyway and specifically what is the basis / justification for his comments?

GG

Not sure I understand the intent either. tonepub may have some inaccurate information about transformers and ground planes, but that would be true of many many folks. It is not as if either subject is worthy of even a cocktail table picture book to most. I hope my attempts at explanation of the Ground Control device don't cause others to react in this fashion.

Bud

Got the first batch and liked them so much I am going to do the second theater.

If I like that then I will do a third batch. All I can say is it is definitely worth the risk........30 days risk free, try a set and see if you can tell the difference...I could.:cool:

Last edited:
I take it that if you bi-wire your speakers you need two sets. Correct? Or do you only do the woofers or panels?

Yes Bernard, that is correct. You would need two sets if bi-wire such as I do on my Odyssey's. You can always do it in steps, order the 1st pair for the stators and buy more later on as funds permit.I see www.tweekgeek.com now also has a 30 money back guarantee advertised on audiogon as well as www.musicdirect.com

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:
Got the first batch and liked them so much I am going to do the second theater.

If I like that then I will do a third batch. All I can say is it is definitely worth the risk........30 days risk free, try a set and see if you can tell the difference...I coud.:cool:

How about a mini review now that you have lived with them a bit, I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

Back