New Member. Need help.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff H

Reaction score
I am hoping to become a Martin Logan owner tomorrow, buying a set of SL3's. I am purchasing them knowing one of the panels is bad and needs to be replaced. The owner siad that I should replace both at the same time. My question is: how hard are they to replace? Should I try myself or take them to a professional?

I have been a long time Polk Audio fan and currently own Polk SDA-SRS 1.2TL's and a set of SRS 2's. If any of you have owned or listened to Polk SDA speakers, I would love to get your opinion comparing them to Martin Logans.

I will be running the speakers with a Lexicon MC1 and B&K 7270 amp. Is 200 WPC adequate or should I bi-amp them?

Thanks for listening to a newbie and any advice would be appreciated.

Jeff

Last edited:
Wow, first post and I already screwed up. I can't find an edit function. I am purchasing SL3's not "CL3's" if they even exist! :eek:

I found the "edit " button. It was way too big and red for me to see!

easy peazy

it is not so hard to replace the panels. You could do it yourself i would think. The SL3 ROCK! Enjoy!

I believe that listing is also on Audiogon. Those are not the one's I am getting.

Does this forum have a post on how to replace?

Thanks

If you email martin logan directly they can send you a copy of the instructions to you. I am in your boat bought a set knowing that the panel was bad. I havent replaced mine yet but its in the near future. Good luck and enjoy!
Nik

:welcome: good sir!! Enjoy your stay at our club and enjoy your new SL3s! :D

How to replace SL3 Panels

Hi Jeff,

Please read this post for full instructions on how to replace the SL3 panels. I even posted a pic of the process. :D

Oh, and welcome to the club!

Enjoy

I will be running the speakers with a Lexicon MC1 and B&K 7270 amp. Is 200 WPC adequate or should I bi-amp them?

That should fine for starters. Bi-amping would indeed be better, but you can try that at a later date. First get them positioned jsut right in the room.

Thanks for information and the welcome. I did pick them up today but haven't had a chance to hook them up. Jeff

Back