Ello

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjdowns

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am Paul from Berkshire in the UK.

Haven't got Martin Logan's at they are certainly on my list when I get the chance to upgrade ... Just love their natural sound !!

Paul.

Welcome, and here's hoping to your inevitable purchase of a pair of Martin Logans.

Good to see another English dude on board! These Americans are OK - and their speakers sound pretty good too!

Which MLs do you have your eyes on?

Justin

Good to see another English dude on board! These Americans are OK - and their speakers sound pretty good too!

Which MLs do you have your eyes on?

Justin

Justin,

I have listened to the Martin Logan Vantage a couple of times and love their look too.

I have had the two demos in two quite different situations, one at a Hifi show in a large room being run by Audio Research equipment about a year ago where they almost knocked me off my feet, they were that good and a very disapponting demo at a local Hifi shop earlier in the year when they were being demoed with low end Musical Fidelity ancillaries and which just didn't do the Vantage justice and almost put me off them, but all I can remember is the first listen at the Hifi show, I felt like the musicians were in the same room as me... brilliant... so, I had one bad demo... these things happen, still love em ;)

P.

one at a Hifi show in a large room being run by Audio Research equipment about a year ago where they almost knocked me off my feet, they were that good and a very disapponting demo at a local Hifi shop earlier in the year when they were being demoed with low end Musical Fidelity ancillaries and which just didn't do the Vantage justice

I've had my Vantages for a couple of weeks now and while they sounded pretty good in the local Hifi shop, they sound phenominal at my place. It takes a bit of tweaking to get the imaging right (and I don't think I'm even there yet) but every single person I'd played them has made the comment that they didn't think 2 speakers could produce the sound that these do. I didn't think it was possible either...

If you're on the fence I'd just jump. I doubt you'll be disapointed.

-steve

Paul,

Once upon a time the Aerius was a new model (I know, long time ago). The first time I heard them was at the Ramada show in London, hooked up to some Audio Research V140s (about £12K at the time!!!). Result? Gobsmacked.

So I bought a pair from Oxford Audio - which they delivered to me. Hooked 'em up. Result? Not gobsmacked! I didn't have 12Ks worth of AR amps.
They were still excellent, though.

My Vantage demo at Oxford Audio was terrible. They sounded truely awful through a Krell. They later claimed they were faulty - they must have been. The Summit demo was great, using the same amp, but to my mind AR tube or tube hybrid amps will blow Krells away when driving MLs.

The Vantages will sound good but for the same money consider some 2nd hand Odyssey's if you have a larger listening room. They will blow the Vantages away...

If not then the Vantages could be a good option. Maybe see if you can get some used, and CHECK THEM OUT before you buy then to make sure they are working 100%.

If you need any help, drop me a PM.

Justin

Justin,

That is very kind of you thank you.

When I have put the money to get the speakers I may just take you up on your offer :)

Paul.

Latest posts

Back