Descent i Vs. REL 212SE

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pambs

Reaction score
Hi guys

i am in the following position
Just bought an ex demo descent i. The dealer is a friend of mine he brought me the aub amd left as i was in a hurry. When I turned on the sub it started making trembling noises at a high volume. Next day i turned it on it’s powering up passes the signal to my summits but not playing at all

He offered two solutions. One is to take it to his technicians and have it fixed and the second would be to sell me a REL 212/SE for an additional 800euro.

What’s your opinion? is the REL a better sub and worth the additional money. I paid him 1500euro for the descent

Fixing the Descent i would probably work, but, if it were me with only these two choices I'd get the Rel 212/SE. Also, if it were me I'd throw an additional option in there and pay some more and get two Rel S/510 subs that are built to stack and set them up as shown in Rel videos.

Descent i is fixed. I took the fuse out and switched it with the spare one and it works fine. Could not imagine it was something so simple...

Descent i is fixed. I took the fuse out and switched it with the spare one and it works fine. Could not imagine it was something so simple...
Do you have any idea what caused the initial loud surge??

Do you have any idea what caused the initial loud surge??

My only guess would be that the fuse moved from it's place during transfer. In the meanwhile, i had asked PML group to send me a repair manual which they did. One of the things they told me is that we no longer have parts available for the Descent sub...Last week an older Descent model sold for $456 on ebay but unfortunately, he wouldn't ship to Europe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MartinLoga...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Back