Cool docking station needed

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
I need a really cool good sounding docking station for my ipod. I remember seeing some ones with tubes last year at RMAF. Any thoughts?

Thanks-

Krell kid

krell is overpriced but you said cool

You are correct...but I didn't make myself clear. With speakers.

OK. It's for the kitchen so I would hide the speakers and stuff. I would do in ceilings but she doesn't want that as they stick out. (she is an interior designer)

The Zeppelin from B&W is awesome. Speakers are integrated so you wouldn't be able to hide them from the Missus but she might not mind this it's pretty funky looking for a stereo system. If I remember correctly two Mid, two tweeters and 150watt powered bass. I've had one for the last year up in our Master bedroom and you can rock :rocker: the entire 2nd floor with it. Apple carries them and I believe they can be found in most Hi End Stereo shops. Sticker shock on it is right at your top end but believe me compared to most of the docks out there well worth the money.

Happy Hunting and let us know what you end up with.

Tegan512

I need a really cool good sounding docking station for my ipod. I remember seeing some ones with tubes last year at RMAF. Any thoughts?

Thanks-

http://www.fat-man.co.uk/docs/product/itube_1.htm

The Fatman Tube Signal processor, I have never seen/heard one in person so can comment on quality or sound but it does look cool, has tubes, can drive a speaker (see bottom of page).

http://www.fat-man.co.uk/docs/product/itube_1.htm

The Fatman Tube Signal processor, I have never seen/heard one in person so can comment on quality or sound but it does look cool, has tubes, can drive a speaker (see bottom of page).

I've seen (but not heard) several. The build quality is as good as one would expect, perhaps better. (And no, I'm not try to damn them with faint praise!)

check a barrets

I have seen them there neer new what it was but they do look as cool normally
i do not like most b&w stuff although some looks nice

Back