Oldie but still cool

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I got a phone call last weekend from a friend that was at an Estate Sale.
He wasn't sure which model of Acoustic but thought I might be interested.
They turned out to be "The Monitor". This was the second speaker Acoustat built after the "X".
It originally came with Tube Servo Amps but they had been replaced by interfaces from much later models.
They also had the Blue and Red Medallion upgrades which was Transformers and caps changed out at the factory or service center.

Once I saw them I just couldn't leave them behind. It was 15 minutes from closing and when I asked where they were going to? I was told to a warehouse until they had enough property to be auctioned off.
The crazy audiophile in me knew someone out there would love to have these. So they are now in the outer room of our home office awaiting that person.
They sound really good and are in good condition. Lots of dust in the interfaces so I carefully blew everything off them and the panels.

When I look at them all I can see is a Post Modern home with these in a large room , even though these are a few years after that period.

I was able to get them for $800 and I have them advertised for $1000. Someone is coming to listen to them this afternoon. Hopefully they go home with them.

IMG_1918.jpg

Nice, good luck!

They sound good but with the location they are in and the electronics driving them its hard to make a fair comparison. The dispersion is very good and the sweet spot is much larger.

Thanks Alan. Grant Posner bought them this afternoon. He was the one that told me about them.

Latest posts

Back