CLX photos from Munich

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Here are a few photos from Munich...

enjoy.

Attachments

• munich1.jpg
    munich1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 646
  • munich2.jpg
    munich2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 644
  • munich3.jpg
    munich3.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 649
I guess when both speakers are included in the pic, they sort of look ok...

I definitely like the aluminum version moreso than the regular wood version of the CLX.

Still, $20K is hard to swallow - for me atleast.

Good to hear they won best in show!

Great stuff as I thought they look much better in "real life". I like 'em. Now I need to figure out how to stretch a few pieces of mylar in between a few bits of metal for less than $20K!!! Off to the drawing board...:)

Actually, looking at the last shot, they do look kind of wierd / mismatched. The discrepancy between the bass and mid/top panels looks a bit strange. But the long distance first shot looks very cool indeed, so I agree that the aluminium version looks way better than the red - opps - another $5K!

I am only sorry I have to keep moaning about the price...

Last edited:
Ok. Must admit that they do look much much better in pairs :)

I like the red ones. They would look awesome in my room.

I think that they would be just slightly shorter than my CLS' on SA stands with roughly the same footprint.

I can't wait to hear them!

More photos... Thanks miljac!

cool photos from Munich.

Attachments

• Tutto.jpg
    Tutto.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 789
  • BestOf.jpg
    BestOf.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 789
More from miljac

thanks for the photos, miljac!

Attachments

• Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 670
  • Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 661
  • Red1.jpg
    Red1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 662
Actually my wife is to thank for these..... I was only enjoying the sound .......

With the curved wood on the side, they look pretty good. I think a small wood trim piece on the other side would help "frame it".
Torry

I believe this sheds a new light on the McIntosh / ML synergy discussion :D

With the curved wood on the side, they look pretty good. I think a small wood trim piece on the other side would help "frame it".
Torry

Must admit when I first pulled up the picture I did not like it.
But then I saw post #50
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showpost.php?p=70005&postcount=50

Notice the curves on the wooden side on this design, now imagine adding another one just like it on the other side, would solve the symmetry issue and it wouldn't be so boxy looking, maybe even sexy.

Anyone good with Photo Shop that could give us an idea of what that might look like??

Great Minds think alike,

But after looking at the photo with both speakers and them being a mirror image of each other with the frames on the out sides I like. Still prefer the curverd or tapered edge over the straight though,

Latest posts

Back