cinema i positioning

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilot

Reaction score
Hi to everybody.
I'm try to positioning my new cinema i between my clarity.
I listened to it over the tv , under the tv and on the floor; for my room i think that the best position is over the tv even if the cinema is very big and not so easy insert in the furniture.
Can you tell me abotu your experiencies?
Thanks in advance.
marco

Well, the conventional wisdom is to place it as close to the images you're watching so that dialog seems 'real', and on top of the TV is the usual recommendation. However, I've found that having the speaker centered is the important part. If you look at my system, you'll see that we had to place the Theater center speaker on the floor in front of the TV. Not only was it too heavy to go on top of the TV (where I'd always place center speakers before), but when we dropped our projection screen it would cover the speaker. A HT expert that I know told me that it wouldn't matter placing it there, and sure enough he was right. You hearing is apparently very discriminating at horizontal direction, but not so much at vertical. Once you start ignoring the visual of the floor placement (takes all of 5-10 minutes), you really don't notice the difference between the floor and on top of the TV (which we tried to make sure). RMMV of course.

You can see on my system I built a box to put the RPTV on and use the box as the mounting point for the ML Theater. I did this so that it would be as close to ear level as possible and thus would encompass a larger portion of the viewing area vs. setting it on TOP of the TV which in my case would have put it quite high and required it to point down at a fairly steep angle.

8'

I have a 50" Plasma. The plasma's height has the center of the screen at our eye height when seated. The speaker is a bit in front of the Plasma which is on the wall.

The Cinema i points down at our ears. I used a laser pointer to set it.

In dark you can't see the Cinema. The room is dedicated for HT and listening to music.

Back