Carver MXR 130 Receiver

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorToad

Reaction score
I guess it's a bit late to ask this, since I already got it on ebay, but I came across this at what seemed a very reasonable price ($128) and figured what the heck. I certainly wasn't shopping for a receiver but it's got phono inputs and is rated for I think 130 or 150 Wpc, both of which I need. My B&K preamp is mammaries skyward (I think it just need pots cleaned) and my amp is just 60 Wpc and does seem sometimes strained pushing the Sequels. Anyone have any history with this? TIA. I hope for some serious :musicnote: :D

BTW, the Nak PA-7 I was looking at on ebay went a little over this amount... It's at $153 with 3 days left right now. Thanks for the replies on that unit, though.

The only thing to do now is to hook the durned thing up and have a listen. Worst case scenario, does it have pre-outs?
If I were in charge of it, I'd open up the case and have a look at the power supply. Hopefully there'll be a filter choke, which would be ideal, but otherwise a goodly amount of capacitance will do. Somewhere around 20,000 - 30,000 mfd total should be adequate.
No matter what, I'd be curious as to how it sounds and performs!:rocker:

Back