Billy Joel & Elton John Live in Concert

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risabet

Reaction score
Last night at the Honda Center (formerly the Pond) in Anaheim, BJ and EJ went for 3.5 hrs of classic rock songs. Of course it was too loud and the sound system sucked but none of that actually mattered, live musicians playing for a lively crowd makes music matter in a way that recordings can't compare to even if they do, in this case, sound better.

Last edited:
You totally suck, Risabet! ;) Congrats on getting to see two of our generation's most talented musicians in one concert. I would LOVE to see both of these guys live.

My wife and her mother-in-law went to see EJ about 3 years ago and came back totally stoked.

Now if you threw BJ into the equation, she would have been in ecstasy...:)

Some live gigs can sound amazing. Saw Grace Jones recently and the sound was very good. Loud - but stunning dynamics - especially from the oddly "real" drum kit.:D

Some small pub venues can sound superb as well.

Has anyone heard good sound in massive stadium type venues, though?

I've seen EJ recently and he's a master entertainer.

I saw BJ waaaay back in the day.. Glass Houses tour. Milwaukee, WI. His live version of "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" was recorded at the show I was at! coolio!

'Saw the two of them together a number of years ago at Clemson. A great concert with surprisingly good sound, all things considered. I am comparing that event not to the ideal but to some of the absolutely horrible-sounding rock concerts I've attended over the years. The worst of the worst was Jethro Tull in a large, highly reverberant gymnasium. Yikes!

Latest posts

Back