Bike Week here I come

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJRapp

Reaction score
I've decided that this will be the first year in many that I will visit the activities at "Bike Week" in Daytona. For those of you not familiar, Bike Week is probably the largest motorcycle event in the world, even eclipsing Sturges.

The weather is great today and tomorrow, so, time to check the tire pressure and the oil and hop on my Eight Ball and head to Daytona.

For those wondering, that was just some photoshop artwork done on the pic below it.

Attachments

• Pencil art victory.jpg
    Pencil art victory.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 148
  • DC-Girl-on-Vctory.jpg
    DC-Girl-on-Vctory.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Sounds like fun for sure, ride safe and bring back some pics to share !

bring back some pics of the girls on bikes that are not all blurry :devil:

Enjoy yourself. I've done Bike Week and it is worth experiencing once, but once was enough! You'll get plenty of stories to tell, that's for sure! The one thing I recommend to do is to be sure to go to the races!

The picture is not blurry, she is vibrating from the motor:D

I have quite a few friends down there this week. In fact, my brother and his friends have been going for over 30 years, kind of a right of spring. You might see a very unusual 66 Triumph Bonneville Cafe Racer with a hard tail, with a unique black and red paint job, Indiana license number NOOO! Anyway, I am sure you will have fun and the weather looks to be perfect. I wish I was there instead of up here, but some of us still have to work to pay for our audio habits.

Have a great time! Wish I could be there, but now I live on the other coast.

Ride safe, watch out for the idiots>>:rocker:

Dan

WOW...I never would believe that there are that many Harley's in the world. I must have seen 50,000 of the today alone!!!

I've tried to capture the whole feeling of bike week in one picture...but have failed miserably... So, I'll give you a few from one of the spots I stopped into...

Most of these were taken early in the morning...well at least by bikes standards it was early 10-12 AM...so things hadn't even gotten into full swing yet.

Attachments

• Party-Time-Daytona.jpg
    Party-Time-Daytona.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Party-time-4.jpg
    Party-time-4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Party-time-II.jpg
    Party-time-II.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Party-time-III.jpg
    Party-time-III.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 114
both look like fun but I think the girl may wear out before the bike would

BTW I hope that's not your daughter lol

Last edited:
both look like fun but I think the girl may wear out before the bike would

BTW I hope that's not your daughter lol

Nope...my step-daughter looks much finer (she is in Barbizon modeling school right now)

That having been said....the gal on the bike is one of the "Dangerous Curves" girls from the Budweiser ads.

Last edited:
J.R.,

Saw a piece on the news that the local Harley shop was selling about 45 bikes a day. Record sales on all things Harley. Looks like Daytona is having a "Recession Free" week.

Starting to get a little spillover here in Cocoa Beach...

Have fun!

Satch

Funny, I talked to a couple of guys at Daytona Bike Week and they said that attendance was down about 50 % for some events. Actually they said it was nice for a change, you don't have to compete for everything because there just are not as many people as in years past.

WOW...I never would believe that there are that many Harley's in the world. I must have seen 50,000 of the today alone!!!

I've tried to capture the whole feeling of bike week in one picture...but have failed miserably... So, I'll give you a few from one of the spots I stopped into...

Most of these were taken early in the morning...well at least by bikes standards it was early 10-12 AM...so things hadn't even gotten into full swing yet.

Man I really wanted to go this year, but recent elbow surgery means no riding for at least another 4 weeks.

MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!

J.R.,

Saw a piece on the news that the local Harley shop was selling about 45 bikes a day. Record sales on all things Harley. Looks like Daytona is having a "Recession Free" week.

Starting to get a little spillover here in Cocoa Beach...

Have fun!

Satch

Probably true because Bruce was discounting heavily for the first time ever. I got a cash quote on a $21K Rocker C for $18K

I'll get some more pix up soon...it takes a bit of time to get them reduced from 10MP down to uploadable size...

I got a cash quote on a $21K Rocker C for $18K...

Jerry, IMO, that is nothing but a "Chopper wanna-be" bike, the softail look on that bike just dosen't cut it...again...IMO !

Jerry, IMO, that is nothing but a "Chopper wanna-be" bike, the softail look on that bike just dosen't cut it...again...IMO !

I agree, however there are some of us that want a chopper wanna be bike. My Victory is considered such a bike, but it handles significantly better than most choppers. Also, the chopper wannabes fit my tall fat frame better than most bikes.

Rear Conversion for Rocker

The Rocker is a love it or hate it bike. A lot of people dislike the gap between the seat and the rear fender. Heartland USA has remedied that situation by offering a rear fender conversion for the bike. Its not my cup of tea, but someone may like it.

Attachments

• hb-r-e-z-rock-r-chrome-conversion-copy-copy.jpg
    hb-r-e-z-rock-r-chrome-conversion-copy-copy.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 51
The Rocker is a love it or hate it bike. A lot of people dislike the gap between the seat and the rear fender. Heartland USA has remedied that situation by offering a rear fender conversion for the bike. Its not my cup of tea, but someone may like it.

Most definetly an improvment !

but I'm more of a 'bobber' guy, Indian Larry was my favorite.

now talk about different, her's one of 'Strip Club choppers' show bikes, I can't show the other pic I've got for this is a family oriented forum !!

Attachments

• IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back